|Company||Environmental Inspections Ltd|
|Location||Nelson, Nelson / Tasman|
|Listed||Fri 8 Jun, 3:07 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
The positions key functions will involve Resource Consent Monitoring, Plan Rule and Bylaw Enforcement, Pollution Response, Building and Drainage Complaints. There may also be the occasional requirement to be on call.
The successful applicant will join a small team, be a self-starter who is passionate about the work they do, and have the capability to plan and carry out duties with minimal supervision. You will need excellent communication and customer service skills, and the ability to interpret and understand relevant legislation.
To be considered you should possess:
- Commitment to a strong and consistent customer focus philosophy and able to relate well to customers
- Excellent communication, computer and writing skills
- Effective time management skills - being able to prioritise work deadlines
- Excellent investigation skills, attention to detail, methodical
- Confidence in assessing non-compliance and carrying out enforcement
- Team work skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Project Management skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Physically able to undertake site inspections
- Expertise of analysing information and writing professional reports
- Highly motivated
- A qualification in Resource Management, Planning or Science would be an advantage
- Experience in investigation, enforcement and giving advice regarding compliance issues
- Experience in conflict/problem resolution
- 3-5 years experience is an advantage
- Strong understanding/knowledge of the Resource Management Act 1991 and knowledge of other relevant legislation eg. Local Government Act 2002
- Current drivers licence
In return you will receive:
- Competitive market remuneration
- Career progression and training opportunities
- Regular working hours
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If you are interested in this opportunity, and believe you have what it takes to join our team, we would love to hear from you.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.