|Company||Nelson City Council|
|Location||Nelson, Nelson / Tasman|
|Listed||Mon 11 Jun, 11:24 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Do you have a building inspections/auditing background?
- Are you seeking good work/life balance?
- Do you want to make Nelson an even safer place?
Our skilled and professional team is seeking a qualified colleague to join us to ensure that the commercial buildings in Nelson are safe for public use and comply with Building Act 2004.
In this role you will manage the building warrant of fitness process, including administering renewals and auditing commercial buildings to ensure continuing compliance, and finalise compliance schedules where required. Also you will assist the council commercial Building Inspectors and provide advice from your excellent knowledge of specified systems and fire protection systems.
Your key technical skills, knowledge and experience will include:
- commercial building inspection
- working with and auditing of all specified systems
- excellent knowledge and understanding of the Building Act and Building Code compliance requirements for commercial buildings
- either a qualification in (or working towards) one or more of the following: National Diploma in Building Control Surveying, Bachelor of Building Science/Architecture/Engineering or Construction. 0r solid experience of specified systems and fire protection systems.
To successfully undertake audits and inspections you will be a great communicator who fosters strong customer relationships with building owners and other independently qualified consultants. You will enjoy working autonomously within a wider team, have good computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and databases) and proactively identify ways to make improvements to our systems and processes.
In return, you can expect ongoing professional and personal development opportunities in a hardworking, fun team, who regularly celebrate and recognise success.
The role is active so you will be physically fit and have a full drivers licence. It is a full-time, permanent position.
“Working together to make Nelson an even better place.”
Nelson City Council is an organisation filled with supportive people who love this beautiful city of ours. It’s an exciting time to live, work and play in Nelson as the city continues to grow and thrive. We have amazing weather and gorgeous natural environment to play in, and our city always has something going on. Whether it be major events or just a general buzz in town, it’s a great place for all ages.
Applications close: Midnight Sunday 24 June 2018.
If this role excites you, please apply online at careers.nelson.govt.nz.
For more information about the role itself please contact:
Martin Brown (Manager Building) on 03 546 0302.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.