|Company||Whanganui District Council|
|Location||Wanganui, Manawatu / Wanganui|
|Listed||Tue 31 Jul, 2:08 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
As Whanganui's Strategic Lead - Education and Youth, you'll play a lead role facilitating relationships between education providers and employers to ensure that our population is work-ready, and our businesses can access the skilled workforce they need.
Key outcomes for this role are
- Quality education options and pathways to employment
- Improved employment prospects for all
- Lead the development of a Trade Training Hub
- To explore and support expansion opportunities in the tertiary sector
- Identify international education opportunities
Whanganui is a destination of choice for education, investment and entrepreneurs, with an excellent mix of secondary schools and tertiary providers who are excited about preparing international students for their future in the global workforce. If this key strategic role sounds like you, then we want to hear more.
Your Skills and Experience
- Strategic Mind-set - seeing ahead to future possibilities and implications accurately.
- Planning - prioritising work to meet commitments aligned with organisational goals
- Networking - effectively build formal and informal relationships inside and outside the organisation
- Collaborative - build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- You will be a credible and confident communicator with proven senior stakeholder engagement experience and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience of working across both the public and private sector.
- Your personal resilience, positivity and ability to maintain composure under pressure and scrutiny will be essential to success.
As part of a dynamic team, this is your opportunity to make a huge impact in transforming Whanganui's economy. If this sounds like your next challenge, we would love to hear from you.
If you have any questions or queries please feel free to contact Philippa Ivory, General Manager on 06 349 3040 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please do not send applications to this person).
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.