|Company||Invercargill City Council|
|Listed||Fri 3 Aug, 5:46 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
The Parks division has a wide variety of trees within our many beautiful parks, reserves and playgrounds, as well as our city streets.
As an experienced Arborist you'll perform a wide variety of tree maintenance, removal and thinning work in and around Invercargill. We will provide all tools and safety equipment to enable you to perform the duties safely.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be a skilled arborist who is either qualified (National Certificate in Arboriculture) and/or has a minimum of 2 year's relevant industry experience
- Ideally hold a current HT licence , minimum of Class 2
- Have a strong work ethic, with a willingness to learn
- Have a good level of fitness and be a team player with a positive attitude
- Strong Health and Safety focus is essential
This position requires a current full driver's licence and a Heavy Traffic Licence is desirable. Rural fire fighting is an area that Parks Operations staff may be involved in. Experience or an interest in this area would be highly regarded.
A full job description and application form is available to download from our website
Applications close 20 August 2018
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.