|Listed||Thu 9 Nov, 12:06 pm|
|Type||Part time, Permanent|
- Do you want to make a difference while gaining industry experience?
- Are you compassionately qualified?
- Are you interested in being part of a reputable, professional team that has a long history of providing quality to support to those in need within your community?
MASH provides a wide range of support services for people with Mental Health, Intellectual or Physical Disability or Illness, alcohol and addiction and youth respite care
These services are offered either at the residential homes we support, or people who require support in their own homes, or in the community.
MASH operates throughout the lower North Island in the Wellington, Kapiti, Horowhenua, Palmerston North and Hawkes Bay regions.
MASH mental health residential supported accommodation provides community based housing with support staff available depending on the level of need. MASH support staff work in partnership with our consumers to develop individualised packages and achieve personal goals.
We believe that:
- People with disabilities as citizens of New Zealand have the same rights to full community participation.
- Learning & Development is a lifelong process and that all people possess the ability to learn and develop.
- Every person can have a valued role in society.
- Services must be developed to meet the needs of individuals that use them.
- The needs of people change and services need to be responsive of those changes.
As a Community Support Worker you will be supporting clients by maintaining a high quality of life, a quality home environment, and encouraging full participation in all aspects of community daily life.
You will have/be:
- A willingness to work towards a National Certificate in Mental Health or Human Services which is funded by us.
- Open to personal cares such as - assisting with showering, dressing and getting our consumers in and out of bed.
- Hold a current full drivers licence and have reliable transport
- Wanting flexibility with hours of work and not interested in a standard nine-to-five.
- The ability to take pride in a healthy home environment - including cleaning, meal preparation and shopping.
- Eligible to work in New Zealand with a minimum of six months on Visa.
- Caring and Kind in nature with integrity that can provide support to those from all walks of life.
The position available is a part time position of 40 hours per fortnight. Flexibility to work weekends is must. There is the possibility of picking up extra hours for the right applicant.
Week 1 & 2: Sunday - Thursday 1500 - 1900
This positions is available immediately for the right candidate.
What can we offer you?
- An excellent working environment
- Rewarding work
- Extensive ongoing training opportunities
First Aid Course
And other learning and development opportunities to study while working
- Excellent overtime allowances
- Career growth and advancement
For a copy of the Job Description visit https://www.qjumpers.co.nz/35195/desc/
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.