|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Listed||Wed 30 May, 11:11 am|
|Type||Full time, Contract/Temp|
|Reference||HCA- BS General|
What ever your reason for choosing Agency work, we can support you. You could be:
- Studying and only available during term breaks
- Only wanting nights so you can support your children and family
- Available for a period of time to explore other prospective employers between jobs
- or you may just want to work full time as an Agency Staff member to enjoy the flexibility and diversity in the role!
As a Medacs Agency Staff member working within the acute setting of the public or private Healthcare system you will be responsible for:
- Providing 1 on 1 care to patients
- Assistance with personal day to day care ie; bed washes, toilet assistance
- Catheter Care
- Taking bloods and general observations as well as documenting them
- Making beds, tidying patient rooms and theatres
- Assisting Nurses and Allied Health staff with procedures/ workload
- Healthcare Assistant (Level 3 or Level 4) qualification with a minimum of 6 months recent experience
- 2nd or 3rd Year Nursing Student
- Able to nominate at least two senior references who you have recently worked
- MUST have right to work in New Zealand
- Self motivated and able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills so to cope with a busy load of patients and juggle conflicting pressures
- Confident, friendly, caring and patient focussed
- Personable and presentable
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solver - ability to come up with solutions and use initiative
Culture & reward:
Working with Medacs Healthcare you will enjoy the following:
- Competitive market rates PLUS 8% Holiday Pay
- Dedicated Recruitment Team whom are Healthcare Professionals themselves - they understand!
- $150 Refer-A-Friend bonus (http://info.medacs.com/nz/refer-a-friend)
- FREE Manual Handling & CPR Training (our next courses are in May)
- Subsidised Crisis Prevention Intervention Training
- Regular Social Events to meet other Medacs Agency Staff and become part of the Medacs Community
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to know more apply now or contact Beth Souter (Recruitment Consultant) on 09 623 8013 for further information and/or a confidential discussion. Alternatively, please click 'Apply Now' and follow the prompts. We look forward to speaking with you.
Not quite what you are looking for? Chat to us anyway to see how we can help you to find your next best role.
Right people, right place at the right time.
Medacs Healthcare is a leading staffing and services company providing temp, locum and contract recruitment expertise to all Auckland DHB's, private Hospitals, primary health organisations & commercial healthcare clients. With more than 15 years of experience in NZ healthcare market we offer a local service through our offices in Auckland and Christchurch.
Our recruitment consultants are specialists in the healthcare sector, with many holding healthcare qualifications and direct commercial or clinical healthcare experience. Our team therefore holds a unique insight into the various clients we work with and can provide first hand information on how to get there, what to know and how you can do your best whilst on shift.
- We have been in the NZ market for over 15 years and backed by a multi-national healthcare recruitment company
- Specialist Healthcare Recruitment Consultants to support you everyday - the industry experts
- 24/7 On-Call service - you can contact us anytime, any day
- Be part of our growing team & work for a agency brand you can be proud of
Our candidates enjoy outstanding customer service, and our consultants are dedicated to finding the ideal role and opportunities that matches your experience and skill level.
Medacs Healthcare is committed to ensuring that vulnerable adults, young people and children are safe from harm and abuse. As part of our commitment to these individuals and in line with the Crimes Act 2011 & the Vulnerable Childrens Act 2014, all appointments to positions (whether temporary or permanent) will include worker safety checks. These checks are in addition to the requirement to have a satisfactory Police Vetting Check and Occupational Health clearance. This will be explained to all shortlisted candidates at phone screen and interview.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.