|Listed||Thu 14 Jun, 4:37 pm|
|Type||Part time, Permanent|
- 2 positions available in Papakura, Auckland
- Based at our community residential service
- Support individuals in distress experience a positive personal recovery journey
Are you the support worker we are looking for? Someone who is passionate about supporting people on their recovery journeys? If so, then keep reading.
We have two positions available. Please indicate in your cover letter which position you are interested in.
Position one – 32 hours per week working Friday to Monday AM shifts from 7.00am to 3.30pm
Position two – 16 hours per week working Sunday and Monday PM shifts from 3.00pm to 11.30pm
As a Support Worker in our Residential team, you will be kept busy supporting people in their recovery by teaching them strategies to improve or manage their well-being; provide a listening ear; maintaining the home; host clinical teams and support guests with medication. You will be working as a team member also having one to one time with the people we support, as well as providing group support within the community.
Transforming mental health and addictions through fostering strong, compassionate, self-supporting communities.
You’ll be reporting to the Team Coach and joining our Pathways Auckland Residential services team, working with a team of other passionate Support Workers – all with a common purpose to support our 8 residents people who have experienced mental illness.
We are interested to hear from people who have a caring nature and work in a recovery and trauma informed way, you will be able to provide medication support for our people and have impeccable attention to detail.
• You must hold a current full drivers licence
• Hold a current first aid certificate or be willing to obtain one within a month of starting
• Applicants must hold the New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (NZCHW) or a recognised equivalent. Alternatively, you will commence study towards this within six months of starting your employment with Pathways. This needs to be completed within two years of commencement. Pathways offers significant support for support workers to complete this study.
In this role, you can look forward to extra leave, subsidies for school holiday childcare and a great team around you every day working in an organisation that believes in its’ purpose. Be part of a supportive work environment where professional development is encouraged through training and ‘on the job’ experience, people are valued and new solutions are the norm!
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 5.00pm, Friday 13 July 2018
To view a full position description, please copy and paste the following link into your browser:
Please contact Tania Ratana, Team Coach on 027 839 1919, during 9am to 4pm if you have any questions.
For further information, visit our website www.pathways.co.nz
Pathways is committed to healthy lifestyles and actively supports a smoke free environment. We encourage people with experience of mental illness to apply.
**All new appointees into Pathways require background checking. Under the requirements of the Vulnerable Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.