|Listed||Thu 25 Jan, 5:15 pm|
|Type||Part time, Contract/Temp|
- Career development and training opportunities
- Great job satisfaction and a supportive team
- Based in Hamilton
He aha te mea nui o te ao? He tangata! He tangata! He tangata! What is the most important thing in the world? It is people! It is people! It is people!
If you haven't already guessed it, here at Emerge Aotearoa we're all about people! We're culturally connected and hold our values close to our hearts.
Emerge Aotearoa is a national provider of social services including mental health, disability and addiction, employment support and social housing, we're fast on our way to becoming a true social services provider. We operate throughout Aotearoa and employ approximately 1,000 people. Our staff strive to provide mana-enhancing services that promote health and wellbeing for individuals, family, whanau and communities.
What do we offer?
- We're committed to the health, safety and wellbeing of staff and tangata whaiora
- National organisation, with lots of opportunities to grow, with lots of training and development available along with career opportunities
- An organisation that lives by its values
- You won't be required to use your own car, we have a fleet of vehicles to use for visiting clients
- Supportive team, team meetings and supervision to ensure your keeping well and well informed in the workplace
- Great job satisfaction, you'll be improving someone's quality of life by helping them to realise their potential
We are looking for Casual Support Workers to join our casual pool to work in a variety of Emerge Aotearoa services in Hamilton. You will have the opportunity to work with dynamic and professional teams that support our tangata whaiora to connect with their community and reach their wellbeing goals. You will work in adult community mobile teams, adult residential services, adult and youth crisis and planned respite services and a youth transitional service.
This is a casual position, so no hours are guaranteed, however is an excellent opportunity to join a leading Mental Health and Addictions support organisation.
The hours of work will vary and sometimes you'll be required to work at short notice. However we aim to give you as much notice as possible and you have the option to decline shifts if you have prior commitments.
You'll provide support to clients who have a mental health diagnosis, some may also face challenges with a drug and alcohol addiction as well as a mental health diagnosis. You'll work collaboratively with your peers ensuring the welfare and recovery of clients by;
- providing support with goal setting, development of life skills, creativity, vocational, educational and employment opportunities, relationship skills and communication strategies
- travelling to visit and support clients in the community either at their homes or where they may choose to meet ensure they feel less isolated
- use your community connections to encourage clients to become involved in the wider community
- working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- focusing on the strengths and interests of the clients
- working face-to-face with our community clients, and networking within the community.
Ideally you will:
- have a mental health level 4 qualification or above (or equivalent), however if your passion for mental health / AOD addiction is what drives you and you're willing to commit to working towards a qualification then we would love to hear from you as we can offer some support around this
- good time management and organisational skills
- be culturally respective and non judgemental
- see potential in people and thrive in a challenging and ever changing environment
- have strong professional boundaries
- have the ability to easily build professional relationships with our tangata whaiora
- be able to use IT systems confidently - we use various databases such as Recordbase to record client information, Myhealth our internal health and safety programme, and Totara our learning management system along with other IT applications such a outlook, word and excel.
To apply for this role please visit our careers site careers.emergeaotearoa.org.nz and register your details - Reference 11943TM.
The closing date for this position is on Sunday, 21 February 2018.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.