|Location||Western Bay Of Plenty, Bay Of Plenty|
|Listed||Fri 26 Jan, 6:00 pm|
|Type||Part time, Contract/Temp|
- Guaranteed high energy
- Never a dull moment
- Perfect opportunity for recent graduates or students in their final year of relevant studies who are looking for a foot in the door.
E nga reo, e nga mana, huri noa I te motu, tena koutou katoa
He turanga tenei e watea ana ki roto o Kia Puawai
Youth Horizons Trust is a non-profit organisation, which works with young people who are at risk of poor life outcomes and helps them with life skills for a brighter future.
Youth Horizons is currently looking to fill a number of casual Specialist Youth Worker/Skills Trainer positions (on a as and when required basis - including weekend and evening work) to work with our young people to assist them to develop and practice skills such as behaviour management, communication skills, coping skills and problems solving skills. These roles are based in the Waipuna/BOP area and may see you working across two different types of residential homes. Both therapeutic components and regular day to day recreational activities and skills training will be a part of the job.
Full training in the evidence based model/practice will be provided and no formal qualification is required.
Becoming a Specialist Youth Worker/Skills Trainer provides invaluable experience for those studying social work, psychology or youth work, or is a great opportunity for anyone with experience caring for rangatahi.
- Model appropriate behaviours, display Youth Horizon values and exercise good judgment?
- Have experience in caring for young people through being a parent, grandparent, teacher or working with youth?
- Have a passion for making a difference and a real impact on the lives of young people?
- Want to be a part of a bi-cultural journey?
- Have a full and clean New Zealand drivers licence?
If so, we'd like to hear from you!
No formal qualifications are required however social work, teaching or any relevant health/psychology qualifications will be highly regarded.
Youth Horizons Offers
- Comprehensive training and development (including but not limited to first aid, abuse recognition, suicide prevention and non-violent intervention training).
- Career progression opportunities
- Competitive remuneration
- Family/Whanau work environment
- 24/7 on call specialist support
About Youth Horizons
Youth Horizons is a specialised non-profit organisation providing therapeutic services for young people who have complex behaviour and/or mental health needs. Our innovative approach combines evidence-based models of practice along with a focus on our core values of Manaakitanga, Wairuatanga, Aroha and Whanaungatanga. Our national office is in Auckland and we have over 250 staff and caregivers supporting young people and their families and whanau across Northland, greater Auckland, Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Hawkes Bay, Lower North Island and Lower South Island.
To find out more about Youth Horizons, visit www.youthorizons.org.nz
Mena e ngakaunui ana koe ki tenei mahi, whakapamai mo ngetehi atu korero ki raro nei.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.