|Location||Kapiti Coast, Wellington|
|Listed||Fri 9 Feb, 11:12 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Do you have experience supporting people with disabilities who have high and complex needs due to difficult or challenging behaviours?
- Do you live in Levin, or are you planning to move to Levin in the near future?
If you can answer yes to the above questions, we would love to hear from you!
Support Workers play a hugely important part in helping the people we support to be safe and healthy, achieve greater independence, have a greater connection to their families and communities and most importantly, to have fun and enjoy life. Tasks will vary depending on the service plan of the people you support but could include personal care tasks like showering, toileting, dressing and eating; household tasks like cleaning, cooking, shopping; and supporting independence tasks like learning new skills, trying new things and connecting with their community.
What else we are looking for:
- You can work well in a team
- You are a good listener and communicator
- You have a positive outlook and sense of humour
- You can show resilience and have the ability to overcome any challenge that comes your way
- You are honest and trustworthy
- You are adaptable to change and have a willingness to learn
- You have a reasonable level of fitness
- You have the ability to satisfactorily pass a police check
- You have a clean full driver licence
- You are legally entitled to work in NZ
At IHC, our people are at the core of everything we do and we are focused on making sure that we provide the right support for our staff.
Our Support Workers work in scheduled shifts. We currently have an opportunity available in Levin working in one of our complex needs services. This would ideally suit someone with previous experience supporting people with complex behaviours. We offer competitive rates recognising relevant qualifications and experience.
We are proud of what we do and how we do it. Join us and you can be rest assured that when you're asked what you do, you can answer "I'm proud to be a Support Worker".
Interested? Then APPLY NOW!
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.