|Location||Tauranga, Bay Of Plenty|
|Listed||Fri 9 Feb, 6:04 pm|
|Type||Part time, Contract/Temp|
- Career development and training opportunities
- Great job satisfaction and a supportive team
- Tauranga based
He aha te mea nui o te ao? He tangata! He tangata! He tangata! What is the most important thing in the world? It is people! It is people! It is people!
If you haven't already guessed it, here at Emerge Aotearoa we're all about people! We're culturally connected and hold our values close to our hearts.
Emerge Aotearoa is a national provider of social services including mental health, disability and addiction, employment support and social housing, we're fast on our way to becoming a true social services provider. We operate throughout Aotearoa and employ approximately 1000 people. Our staff strive to provide mana-enhancing services that promote health and well-being for individuals, family, whanau and communities.
What do we offer?
- We're committed to the health, safety and well-being of staff and tangata whaiora
- National organisation, with lots of opportunities to grow, with lots of training and development available along with career opportunities
- An organisation that lives by its values
- You wont be required to use your own car, we have a fleet of vehicles to use while you're at work
- Supportive team, team meetings and supervision to ensure your keeping well and well informed in the workplace
- Great job satisfaction, you'll be improving someone's quality of life by helping them to realise their potential
We are looking for Support Workers to work across our services in Tauranga. You will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and professional team that support our tangata whaiora to connect with their community and reach their well-being goals.
This is a casual position, so no hours are guaranteed, however is an excellent opportunity to join a leading Mental Health and Addictions support organisation.
You'll provide support to clients with a mental health diagnosis. You'll work collaboratively with your team and external stakeholders ensuring the welfare and recovery of clients by;
- Providing support with goal setting, development of life skills, creativity, vocational, educational and employment opportunities, relationship skills and communication strategies
- Transporting clients to their daily appointments
- Use your community connections to encourage clients to become involved in the wider community
- Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Focusing on the strengths and interests of the client
Ideally you will have the following;
- Have a Mental Health Level 4 (or equivalent/above), however if your passion for working with people with a mental health diagnosis is what drives you and you're willing to commit to working towards a qualification then we would love to hear from you as we can offer some support around this
- Experience preferred but not essential as training will be given to successful applicants
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Be culturally respective and non judgemental
- See potential in people and thrive in a challenging and ever changing environment
- Have strong professional boundaries
- Have the ability to easily build professional relationships with our tangata whaiora
- Be able to use IT systems confidently - we use various databases such as Record base to record client information, Myhealth our internal health and safety programme, and Totara our learning management system along with other IT applications such a outlook, word and excel
He aha te mea nui o te ao, He tangata, he tangata, he tangata What is the most important thing in the world? It is the people, it is the people, it is the people.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.