|Location||Napier, Hawke's Bay|
|Listed||Thu 15 Feb, 6:00 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Are you looking for a rewarding opportunity to make a real difference in the community?
- Are you driven to help at risk youths and their families look towards a brighter horizon?
- Are you keen to be part of a professional team working together using evidence based models to change lives?
E nga reo, e nga mana, huri noa I te motu, tena koutou katoa.
He turanga tenei e wetea ana ki roto o Kia Puawai
Youth Horizons is looking for a Functional Family therapist to join our FFT Service located in Hawkes Bay.
Functional Family Therapy (FFT) is an evidence based approach to working with youth with significant conduct problems. The purpose of the Functional Family Therapist is to provide weekly family/whanau therapy sessions in the families own homes, using the FFT intervention model as trained by the model consultant.
We are seeking a professional who is enthusiastic about working as a family/whanau therapist with a small but intensive caseload of youth aged 11-17 who have serious mental health, emotional and/or behavioural problems and complex needs which warrant intervention to maintain ongoing stability in living arrangements. Through this model, we want to retain young people in their existing placement, maintain engagement (or re-engage) in education or training and improve social interaction skills. You will deliver the evidence based FFT model for families of children aged 11-17 years within the family's home environment across the Hawkes Bay, so travel is a requirement of this role. Comprehensive training in this evidence based model will be provided to the successful candidate.
- A background in behavioural therapy approaches.
- Experience in using motivational strategies, cognitive-behavioural strategies and strength based approaches with youth.
- Ability to build strong relationships with peers and stakeholders.
- Be culturally aware and willing to be a part of a bi-cultural journey.
- Bachelors/Master's degree in psychology, psychotherapy, social work, or other related mental health field.
- Registered health professional under the HPCA Act or Social Work registration.
- Have a full and clean New Zealand driver's licence.
Youth Horizons Offers
- A fast paced and challenging environment.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Fun loving family/whanau environment.
- 24/7 senior leadership support.
- Competitive remuneration (including a vehicle) to match the skills and experience needed for this role.
We're a regional team within a wider national organisation and are passionate about what we do. If you are looking for a challenge, have clinical experience and want to work for an organisation that is making a difference in the lives of at-risk children and young people - we want to talk with you!
About Youth Horizons
Youth Horizons is a specialised non-profit organisation providing therapeutic services for young people who have complex behaviour and/or mental health needs. Our innovative approach combines evidence-based models of practice along with a focus on our core values of Manaakitanga, Wairuatanga, Aroha and Whanaungatanga. Our national office is in Auckland and we have over 250 staff and caregivers supporting young people and their families and whanau across Northland, greater Auckland, Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Hawkes Bay, Lower North Island and Lower South Island.
To find out more about Youth Horizons, visit www.youthorizons.org.nz
Mena e ngakaunui ana koe ki tenei mahi, whakapamai mo ngetehi atu korero ki raro nei.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.