|Location||Waitakere City, Auckland|
|Listed||Fri 23 Mar, 9:23 am|
|Type||Part time, Contract/Temp|
Fixed term (6months), Part time (24 hours per week) position available.
This position is Fixed term due to a fixed allocation of funding.
The office is based in Mt Roskill however the contracted hours will be delivered in both Central and West Auckland
The position is Mon – Fri, 8:00am – 4:30pm however support will be provided as required with the majority of visits delivered between 8am-8pm. Due to the part time nature of this role, specific days/hours will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
$18.52 – $20.05 per hour (Depending on skills and experience).
At Framework we value our employees and therefore offer a range of benefits as well as the resources required to ensure you are able manage your own caseload and to perform at your best;
- A personal commuter use vehicle, mobile phone and laptop for work purposes
- Varied training opportunities for personal and professional growth including internal individualised support to undergo qualifications (where appropriate) as well as support for professional memberships (where applicable).
- A comprehensive wellbeing programme that includes flu vaccinations, diabetes checks and access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Staff benefits card with discounts on a large range of quality products and services
- The freedom and flexibility to maintain a work-life balance
- 10 days sick leave per anniversary year
- 2 recreation days per anniversary year
Purpose of position:
To provide recovery orientated support and role modeling to the ADHB and WDHB population experiencing poor mental health. The service will use the Strengths model to enable consumers to live in the community as independently as possible with the appropriate supports.
The principle for funding support hours is to ensure flexible consumer orientated support which will be provided as required. It is expected that the majority of visits and community participation will be delivered between 8am-8pm, outside of these hours an on call system will operate and be responsive to a consumers’ needs. (There maybe occasions when employees will be required to be present overnight for example, during a consumers transition from hospital or during relapse periods).
The Service will provide support at the level necessary for the consumer to have a safe and satisfying life. The service will be socially inclusive and therefore facilitate engagement in community and whanau activities that the individual identifies as meaningful to them and where appropriate consistent with a Tikanga/Kaupapa Maori approach.
Services and support are to be individually tailored with the consumer and their whanau so that support is coordinated and responsive to the individual consumer’s changing aspirations, capacity/capability, goals needs and mental health requirements over time.
To fulfill all contractual obligations with the Ministry of Health in agreement with the Health and Disability Services Standards and to ensure a high quality of service delivery in accordance with Framework Policy and Procedures.
- A Level 4 Certificate in Mental Health/Health and Wellbeing certificate (or equivalent/qualification).
- Experience in mental health support work or related health field.
- Knowledge and experience of needs assessment/goal setting or equivalent.
- Knowledge of community resources and ability to network.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), networking and administrative skills, including data entry and case management experience.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- A commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi and culturally safe practice.
- A current clean Full Drivers Licence.
- Eligibility to work in New Zealand.
For more information about this job, please contact Rosanne Culberson, Team Leader Community Support Services (Central) on 815 5124 or 021 976 541.
A Job Description can be downloaded from the Framework website: http://www.framework.org.nz/vacancies/
To apply for this position, please submit all of the following documents:
1. Download, complete and submit an Application Form from http://www.framework.org.nz/vacancies/
2. Prepare and submit an up-to-date CV.
3. Submit a Cover Letter, answering the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What skills, competencies, knowledge and experience can you bring to this role?
4. Email all of the above to: firstname.lastname@example.org