|Location||North Shore City, Auckland|
|Pay & Benefits||Work where you are valued|
|Listed||Mon 26 Mar, 3:40 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Koromiko House is a leading mental health respite service, providing a safe, relaxed, nurturing and home like environment for up to seven guests, who will stay with us on average for periods of between 4 to 10 days.
The registered health professional position is a part time role (8 hours on a Saturday between the hours of 7am and 3pm) we will also be offering the successful candidate opportunities to cover other shifts as needed. You will be part of a team that is active in creating an environment conducive to the wellbeing of the guests staying at Koromiko House.
This role has some unique characteristics in that you will be the lead member of staff and need to have the people skills to support our guests, deal with any emergency situations as they arise, be able to complete some basic administration and IT tasks and do some household cleaning to keep the property to a high standard whilst also support residential support workers to perform their role to a high standard.
You’ll receive a thorough induction and on-going training and given opportunities to engage with the wider Equip Team.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal applicant will be a calm, conscientious people person who works within a team, they will have a person centered approach and align with Equip’s values
You will need to be a registered nurse, registered occupational therapist, registered social worker or dapannz registered as a minimum. Relevant experience in mental health or disability work would be an advantage and you will need to have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit as well as a full NZ driver licence.
Most importantly, we are looking for a team player with a can do attitude.
Who is Equip?
We are an independent mental health Not for Profit organisation associated with Windsor Park Baptist Church and have a strong Christian ethos. With a staff of around 70, we are a values led organisation who truly care about the people we work with and for. We pride ourselves on our professionalism, supportive, inclusive culture and our success is making a positive difference in the lives of others.
We put our faith into action
• We are a Christian response to need in our community.
• We are not here to judge, we are here to help.
• We will always do what we can to address people’s needs and provide the momentum for them to move forward in their lives.
• This is more than a job. As a team, we are driven by a deep commitment to Christian faith and values. I am committed to doing my part.
If we can say ‘yes’ we will
• We look for solutions not problems. We have a ‘can do’ attitude.
• When we have to say ‘no’, we will do it respectfully
• We are team players. We serve with openness and positivity.
Our people matter
• At Equip, we are each part of a bigger picture.
• We value other roles as much as our own.
• We will do everything we can to raise each other up to achieve outcomes greater than any of us can imagine.
• We will treat each other well and share the load.
• We work through issues face to face and, when necessary, get support from our leaders.
• I will do my part to build a team culture that is inclusive, safe and positive.
Equip’s staff say:
“I love the culture at Equip. I have never known a place where you feel so valued and where you are put first.”
“I took the job to change other peoples’ lives, but it changed mine.”
Therefore, if you are looking for a job that provides you with a great team, support, work life balance and an excellent remuneration package, download an application pack from our website: www.equip.net.nz. Please quote reference number KORORHP on the application.
Applications close: 4pm Monday 7th May 2018
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.