|Listed||Tue 27 Mar, 2:12 pm|
|Type||Part time, Permanent|
Our client is the leading not-for-profit organisation in New Zealand providing support for children with cancer and their families.
They believe that every child and their family deserve to be well, embrace hope and continue to dream. They provide support through a variety of service initiatives to each child and family dependant on their needs. They supplement the support with programmes that empower families and address specific challenges at various points on the child cancer journey.
As a Family Support Coordinator you will provide individualised support within a geographical area (including travel to the Taranaki and Wairarapa regions), whilst the child is on treatment, post-treatment and subsequently living with childhood cancer. You will also provide the same level of support to families of bereaved children.
Some of your duties will include:
* Provide support that meets the social, emotional and practical needs from a strength base approach
* Accept referrals, making contact within prescribed time frame and maintaining support contact
* Assess the needs of families and facilitate access to programmes and resources based on their needs
* Attend relevant hospital, outpatient clinic and community contact meetings as required
* Provide appropriate grief, loss and bereavement support for individuals and parents
As the ideal candidate you will demonstrate the following:
* Experience working with a diverse team of professionals/volunteers
* Preferred experience of a working knowledge of medical disciplines (in particular nursing practise, counselling and/or social work)
* Effective verbal and written communication
* Strong professional boundaries
* Planning and co-ordination skills
* Passion for children facing challenges in their early lives and their families
* An ability to develop effective working relationships with external customers and staff
* An ability to observe confidentially, use discretion and initiative and work in a professional and ethical manner at all times
* Positive and enthusiastic attitude
* New Zealand Driver’s License and must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand
The opportunity to join a well-respected organisation that truly makes a difference across New Zealand in family’s time of need. The role is 0.8 (4 days a week, so you will get a long weekend every weekend). You will join a very supportive, close knit team who focus on wellness and mindfulness within the organisation.
If you would like to apply please send your CV and cover letter today to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.