|Listed||Thu 29 Mar, 11:53 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Promote the protection and wellbeing of children and young people
- Specialised role, focusing on Family Homes and children in care
- Location: Masterton, Wairarapa
Are you a qualified Social Worker who is passionate about making a difference in the lives of young people?
At Oranga Tamariki, we work with families and communities to help protect, support and care for children and young people. The role of a caregiver Social Worker is varied and rewarding, and you'll be part of a supportive team who are instrumental in helping children, young people and their families to be safe, strong and thrive.
Our family homes are places of safety. Children and young people can get on with life while we work with families to find a permanent loving home. Your role will be to support carers in providing nurturing, safe and stable homes for children and young people.
You’ll focus on building and maintaining our caregiver pool to provide the very best of care to children and young people. This role requires excellent assessment skills, and the ability to train carers. Supporting caregivers and collaborating with the child's social worker will be a focus of the role. You'll also be working with other social services, agencies and providers to ensure the needs of the child or young person and their family are fully met.
Our team works from a strengths based perspective and we are fully committed to achieving positive change for the children, young people and their families in this community. We receive regular training and supervision, support each other and have a sense of humour.
We can offer you:
- A salary between $45,948 - $70,883 (Qualified Social Worker)
- A challenging, fascinating and rewarding career
- On-going training and regular supervision
- Colleagues who are committed to the highest standards of strengths-based social work
To be successful, you will need:
- a qualification in Social Work recognised by the Social Work registration board
- a commitment to the Oranga Tamariki Way
- a commitment to tamariki and ensuring their voices are heard and acted on
- a recognised social work qualification
- social work registration or be eligible for social work registration through the SWRB
- excellent relationship management skills
- a full clean drivers licence
If you think you have what it takes, and are dedicated to achieving positive change for children, young people and their families in the community, then we want to hear from you.
How to apply
Internal Oranga Tamariki Employees - please apply through your MyHR portal at work. This will ensure that your MyHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
All external applicants including Ministry of Social Development employees please apply through the apply button and upload your CV and cover letter to our applicant tracking system. Please note all applications must be made online.
If you have any questions about the role please contact Miriama Henderson at Miriama.Henderson@mvcot.govt.nz
Applications close: Sunday 22 April 2018