|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Listed||Thu 29 Mar, 1:00 pm|
|Type||Part time, Contract/Temp|
He turanga tenei e watea ana ki roto o Kia Puawai.
Youth Horizons is currently looking for a casual Youth Worker who has a background as a parent, youth mentor, or someone who simply has a passion and interest in helping a small group (max 5) of teen mums and their infants/children with some behavioural challenges.
This position is a casual role to work on an as required basis and may include sleepovers in our residential home that provides young mums, who need support with parenting and life skills to ensure their children remain in their care.
You will be responsible for the day to day household management of the residential home. This will include both therapeutic components and regular day to day duties such as housework, meal preparation and recreational activities. You'll be trained in our Teaching Family Model which provides the structure and support you will need and quickly helps young mums to learn the parenting and social skills they require to meet their goals. Full training will be provided prior to commencing employment and no formal qualification is required.
- Have experience in caring for young people through being a parent, grandparent, teacher or working with youth.
- Be passionate about making a difference and a real impact on the lives of young people.
- Be culturally aware and willing to be a part of a bi-cultural journey.
- Have a full and clean New Zealand drivers licence and have the ability to drive a manual vehicle.
- Be able to complete a satisfactory Police and MSD check as per the Children's Act.
- No formal qualifications are required however social work, teaching or any relevant health/psychology qualifications will be highly regarded.
Youth Horizons Offers
- Comprehensive training and development (including but not limited to Teaching Family Model Training, MAYBO training, abuse recognition and suicide prevention training).
- Career progression opportunities
- Competitive remuneration
- Family/Whanau work environment
- 24/7 on call specialist support
About Youth Horizons
Youth Horizons is a specialised non-profit organisation providing therapeutic services for young people who have complex behaviour and/or mental health needs. Our innovative approach combines evidence-based models of practice along with a focus on our core values of Manaakitanga, Wairuatanga, Aroha and Whanaungatanga. Our national office is in Auckland and we have over 250 staff and caregivers supporting young people and their families and whanau across Northland, greater Auckland, Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Hawkes Bay, Lower North Island and Lower South Island. To find out more about Youth Horizons, visit www.youthorizons.org.nz
Mena e ngakaunui ana koe ki tenei mahi, whakapamai mo ngetehi atu korero ki raro nei.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.