|Location||North Shore City, Auckland|
|Listed||Tue 3 Apr, 1:49 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Job Id: 22244
- Permanent, Full Time
At Oranga Tamariki, we work with families and communities to help protect, support and care for children and young people. The role of Supervisor is varied and rewarding, and you'll be leading a team of social workers who are instrumental in helping children, young people and their families to be safe, strong and thrive.
The focus of the team is working with families to find permanent loving homes for children and young people in care and supporting our caregivers to provide nurturing safe and stable homes.
Our team works from a strengths based perspective and we are fully committed to achieving positive change for the children, young people and their families in this community. We receive regular training and supervision, support each other and have a sense of humour.
To do well in this role you need:
- full SWRB registration and current Annual Practising Certificate (APC)
- sound statutory social work knowledge and practice
- experience managing people and building relationships
- current full clean New Zealand drivers licence with no conditions
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- resilience, ability to work under pressure
- strong cultural competency and be comfortable working in bi-cultural frameworks
- current right to work in New Zealand.
In return we offer:
- a salary between $64,281 - $84,790 per annum (based on skills and experience)
- a challenging, fascinating and rewarding career
- on-going training and regular supervision
- colleagues who are committed to the highest standards of strengths-based social work practice.
Please apply online through your myHR careers portal at work with your CV and cover letter. Only applications made online will be accepted.
Your cover letter is an important part of the shortlisting process - please ensure you outline your relevant skills and experience in line with the position description.
Applications close: Monday, 16 April 2018.
For any further (confidential) discussion about the role, contact Tiffany at email@example.com