|Company||He Waka Tapu Ltd|
|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Listed||Tue 3 Apr, 3:12 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Do you have a high level of communication – oral and written?
- Are you passionate about helping whanau enhance their wellbeing
- Are you innovative and creative?
We require a competent and skilled person who can engage with individual Maori and their whanau in the community. You will be required to provide guidance and support as well as assisting them to gain full access to government and community-based support services
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Working with and assessing individual whaiora and their whanau to support making changes and healthy choices
- liaising with referrers and other related agencies
- Active participation in goal planning
- Active participation in integrated case management
- Able to bring a level of Alcohol and other drug expertise to the Children’s Team kaupapa
This is a new exciting opportunity for a proactive person with an understanding of the concept of whanau ora to take a lead role in the delivery of an important service for Maori Whanau.
Applicants must have:
- AOD tertiary qualification or appropriate Social Work qualifications with AOD experience
- Competency in AOD assessment report writing and treatment planning
- Experience of working within a Kaupapa Maori environment that includes knowledge of Tikanga Maori and Whakapapa
- A full and clean drivers’ license.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.