|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Listed||Fri 6 Apr, 1:04 pm|
|Type||Part time, Permanent|
We are currently seeking an experienced Support Worker to assist and motivate an outgoing and sociable young lady living in Sandringham with her daily tasks.
This young woman has cerebral palsy and had recently had an accident and now has a brain injury. She relies on New Zealand Sign Language as her primary mode of communication as she is deaf but is also very savvy with texting and Facebook. She needs a Support Worker who can encourage her and support her with daily activities at home and out and about.
The cares she requires include:
- Supervising her with her showering and hygiene needs
- Taking her out for walks and shopping
- Assisting her to cook her meals and manage the housekeeping of her flat
- Assisting her with transferring from her wheelchair
- (Possibility of more shifts in the future, and possibility to work with other clients)
- Full driver's license and own car
- Fluent in New Zealand Sign Language
- Currently live in Sandrigham or a close surrounding area
Benefits of joining the Geneva Family:
- Be a part of an organisation that encourages employee development and provides further training
- Chance to work towards up skilling for NZQA qualifications
- Free Uniform and travel reimbursement
- Provide essential support to people in your community
- A $50 'Refer a Friend' voucher if your friend is successful in the process
If this sounds like the perfect role for you then Apply Now, or contact Delisha on 0800 266 577
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.