|Location||Palmerston North, Manawatu / Wanganui|
|Listed||Wed 9 Oct, 12:02 pm|
|Type||Part time, Permanent|
- Do you want to make a difference while gaining industry experience?
- Are you compassionately qualified?
- Are you interested in being part of a reputable, professional team that has a long history of providing quality to support to those in need within your community?
MASH provides a wide range of support services for people with Mental Health, Intellectual or Physical Disability or Illness, alcohol and addiction and youth respite care
These services are offered either at the residential homes we support, or people who require support in their own homes, or in the community.
MASH operates throughout the lower North Island in the Wellington, Kapiti, Horowhenua, Palmerston North and Hawkes Bay regions.
MASH mental health residential supported accommodation provides community based housing with support staff available depending on the level of need. MASH support staff work in partnership with our consumers to develop individualised packages and achieve personal goals.
We believe that:
- People with disabilities as citizens of New Zealand have the same rights to full community participation.
- Learning & Development is a lifelong process and that all people possess the ability to learn and develop.
- Every person can have a valued role in society.
- Services must be developed to meet the needs of individuals that use them.
- The needs of people change and services need to be responsive of those changes.
As a Community Support Worker you will be supporting clients by maintaining a high quality of life, a quality home environment, and encouraging full participation in all aspects of community daily life.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.