|Company||Te Roopu Taurima|
|Listed||Wed 9 Oct, 1:10 pm|
|Type||Full time, Contract/Temp|
Multiple Casual Positions
If you want to make a positive difference by supporting tangata (people we support) with impairments and / or mental health conditions in their everyday lives in a kaupapa Maori whare (home) based environment then this could be the role for you. We are looking for people who want to support the independence of tangata (people we support) so they can have great lives, make choices about how they live, and what they do.
We are specifically interested in recruiting fit and agile individuals to support tangata with high and complex needs. We have multiple staff vacancies to cover for the Christmas and New Year. The starting rate for these rewarding and at the same time challenging positions is $20.50.
We have multiple staff vacancies in Northland (Kaikohe, Kaitaia and Whangarei). This could be your opportunity to work closer to home. Some of the key duties in this rewarding and at the same time challenging role will include but is not limited to driving, nutritious meal planning and cooking (vegetarian and non-vegetarian), shopping, housework, gardening, personal care and hygiene as well as assisting with inclusion of tangata in cultural, social, religious and sports activities.
Working under the supervision of a Kaiarahi (House-Leader), the key requirements of these roles are:
- Absolute honesty and reliability
- A high standard of responsive, client centered care and support
- Good command of English (written and spoken)
- To remain calm under pressure and be a team player
- Proactively uphold Health and Safety legal standards and organisational requirements
- Must be able to commit to 24/7 rotating roster including weekends and public holidays
- Current NZ full driver's license and confidence in driving manual vans and cars
- A clear Ministry of Justice check
- A commitment to tikanga Maori and adapting the values/philosophy into daily work
Please note that pre-employment drug tests will be conducted for the successful applicants.
It would be advantageous if you have the followings:
- Experience in the disability/health sector particularly with people of high and complex needs
- Ability to speak te reo Maori
- A relevant level 2, 3 or 4 Health or Disability qualification or studying towards it
- Willingness to undergo relevant trainings
Te Roopu Taurima is an equal opportunity employer.