|Location||Waitakere City, Auckland|
|Listed||Wed 9 Oct, 5:05 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Whiria te tangata - Weave the people together
- Mauria te pono - Believe in yourself
- Aroha ki te tangata, ahakoa ko wai te tangata - love people in spite of who they are
Emerge Aotearoa is a social services organisations providing a range of services to whanau, including Health and Disability, Youth and Emergency Housing. Our kaimahi all have a common goal - helping people realise their potential with the aim of supporting people to live their best life as independently as possible.
This position is based at our service called 'The Bach', it is a youth residential service in a tranquil setting which provides accommodation and support services across mental health and drug and alcohol services, this service also offers an additional day programme component from Monday - Friday. Both services are flexible and tailored to meet young people's needs. We want to create a diverse team to support young people to live their best life. Could this be you?
- patient and have a calm approach
- knowledgeable and experienced in working in a residential services setting
- able to create safe, calm and nurturing spaces
- experienced in working with young people
- resilient and recovery focused
- able to work collaboratively?
We want to create a safe and homely environment for tamariki/rangatahi, where they can achieve their goals and live as independently as possible within the community.
- Aid the transition process - walk alongside whanau as they learn to live as independently as possible within the community
- Work closely with Clinicians - you'll work closely alongside the Clinical team to ensure rangatahi are kept safe and well
- Be challenged - in this role you'll experience challenges, a calm and patient approach to behavioural challenges you may face is essential
- Reach goals - set goal plans and walk alongside whanau to achieve their goals
- Support - support rangatahi to connect, maintain and build healthy relationships with their own whanau, iwi and community
- Ensure key documentation and handovers are accurately recorded
- Encourage rangatahi to participate in learning daily living skills
This is a permanent 40 hours per week role that is rostered shifts Monday - Sunday 24/7 on a rotating roster.
- a challenging, yet rewarding role where no two days will ever be the same
- a supportive manager, and a team who celebrates success, however little or large they may be
- learning, development and training opportunities
- fun events and activities with the team and whanau
- great staff benefits, including store discounts, sick leave (10 per year and up to 25 days can be accrued), 2.5 days wellbeing leave, learning grants and sponsorships and much more
- a culturally diverse, national organisation with so much to offer
- great job satisfaction, you'll be helping to improve someone's potential and to reach their goals.
- ideally a Level 4 Mental Health Certificate or Level 4 Health and Wellbeing Qualification (or similar), however if you're willing to commit to working towards a qualification then we would love to hear from you as we can offer some support around this
- good time management and organisational skills
- to be culturally responsive and non-judgemental
- to see potential in people and thrive in a challenging and ever changing environment
- to have strong professional boundaries
- to have the ability to easily build professional relationships with people.
encouragers, team players, nurturers, motivators, go-getters, planners, get-it-done-ers - apply today!
To apply for this role please visit our careers site careers.emergeaotearoa.org.nz and register your details - Reference 20004TM
This advertisement closes Wednesday, 23 October 2019.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand and have a clean full NZ driver's licence.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.