|Location||Kapiti Coast, Wellington|
|Listed||Wed 9 Oct, 5:05 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Empower and engage with whanau by utilising your experience in Employment Services
- Develop, coach and support whanau to grow
- Be part of an organisation driven by values and with people at the heart
Emerge Aotearoa is a social services organisations providing a range of services to tangata whaiora, including health and disability, Employment Services, Youth and Emergency Housing. Our kaimahi all have a common goal - helping people realise their potential with the aim of supporting people to live their best life as independently as possible.
- This role is permanent, full-time (40 hours per week)
- This will be Monday - Friday, however as we operate on a 24/7 basis, you may be required to work some weekends
- Creativeworks is contracted by the Ministry of Social Development to support people with a disability into employment
- We support people into work and then to maintain ongoing employment
- You'll build rapport to establish whanau work preferences, employment goals and support to plan and problem solve to ensure whanau have the smoothest transition back into the workforce
- You'll be required to with your team to meet targets around engaging and maintaining people within employment
The team and service
You will be part of the Creativeworks - Employment Service team, a small team but a close knit, diverse and dedicated team of five. The team is contracted by MSD, to deliver employment services who are faced with mental illness.
Stacey will be your manager. The team is spread across Wellington and Christchurch. This role is based in Wellington and you will cover the majority of the Wellington region along with your colleague, Manu.
Stacey is based in Christchurch but is only ever a phone call or short flight away, to support and develop your skills as you grow within the role.
- ideally have knowledge/prior training of individual placement support - Google it! Having an understanding of this will be key to success within your role
- have the ability to make people feel at ease, and a calm approach with whanau is essentially
- be driven to meet targets and achieve the best outcomes for whanau
- be able to work autonomously and independently along with being a great team player
- show your hard work and commitment to whanau which will assist you in exceeding team targets
- bring your experience in job coaching or work placement in a similar role would be desirable but not essential
- need a full New Zealand driver's licence and the eligibility to work in NZ.
- a challenging, yet rewarding role where no two days will ever be the same
- a supportive manager, and a team who celebrates success, however little or large they may be
- learning, development and training opportunities
- fun events and activities with the team and whanau
- great staff benefits, including store discounts, sick leave (10 per year and up to 25 days can be accrued), 2.5 days wellbeing leave, learning grants and sponsorships and much more
- a culturally diverse, national organisation with so much to offer
- great job satisfaction, you'll be helping to improve someone's potential and to reach their goals.
We understand the journey people face with mental illness. Our Employment Consultants are professionals with both employment and mental health expertise - if you feel you can add value to this team, please apply today!
Employment experts, encouragers, team players, nurturers, motivators, go-getters, planners, get-it-done-ers - contact us now if you like what you see - Hannah, Recruitment Coordinator 03 371 5578.
To apply for this role please visit our careers site careers.emergeaotearoa.org.nz and register your details - Reference 19982TM.
This advertisement closes Tuesday, 29 October 2019.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.