|Company||Private Organisations/HealthCare New Zealand|
|Location||North Shore City, Auckland|
|Listed||Thu 10 Oct, 3:04 pm|
|Type||Part time, Permanent|
Who we are
HealthCare NZ is the leading provider of community-based Home support, rehabilitation, nursing and mental health services across New Zealand. We are committed to providing support, respect and dignity to all New Zealander's enabling them to have greater independence and quality of life in their own homes.
What's the role about?
We have fantastic opportunities within our Community Health team for enthusiastic and/or experienced support workers to make a real difference in the lives of people and their whanau in and around the North Shore area.
As a Support Worker you will be working with a variety of individuals to enable them to participate in meaningful activities in the community, support daily living, mobility needs and help them to achieve their independent goals - for us it's about making a difference to the quality of life for the people we support.
We're looking for people with the following skills:
- Empathy for others, and the genuine desire to help people
- Experience supporting people with physical and intellectual disabilities (not essential for all roles)
- Good communication skills
- Able to work on weekends, willing to have day off on weekdays, can work early mornings and in the evenings
- A positive attitude towards personal learning and development of new skills
- Ability to adapt to various situations while still providing excellent support
- Preferably hoist/mobility support experience
- Full driver's licence required
Working for us
As a company we are committed to our employees. We're proud to employ and train the best people in all areas of our organisation and we enjoy a vast degree of diversity within our staff teams.
We provide career pathways for staff through the learning and development framework and offer a pay rate from $20.50 to $25.50 per hour depending on qualifications.
So, if you are passionate about providing support to a wide range of people and think you would like a career with Healthcare NZ, then we would like to hear from you!
Mena he tangata ngakaunui ana koe ki te tautoko i nga momo tangata, tena pea, kei konei he turanga mou. Tukua mai to tono ki Healthcare NZ.
Please bear in mind all applicants must be a NZ Resident/Citizen or have a valid NZ work permit.
To read a copy of our job description and apply - visit our website by pressing the apply now button.
Applications close on Thursday, 7 November 2019.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.