|Location||Manukau City, Auckland|
|Listed||Thu 10 Oct, 4:37 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Do you enjoy a challenge? Are you looking for something different and new – a first of its kind? Then, we have the role just for you!
Ember and The Salvation Army are working in a strong collaborative partnership delivering an innovative service unique within the AOD sector!
Ember is an NGO who sits at the cutting edge of values-based mental health and AOD peer support services.
The Salvation Army Bridge Programme is an internationally acclaimed service focused on assisting people with drug and alcohol dependencies to overcome their addictions and improve quality of life.
The successful candidate will be working at a residential facility based in Counties Manakau DHB. The service employs both Clinical and Peer Support staff working collaboratively delivering effective short term treatment and support to respite guests accessing the service.
This exciting clinical role involves the provision of assessments, case management, group work, one to one support and liaison with community organizations.
You will be supporting clients using the Bridge’s CRA (Community Reinforcement Approach) model. Usually caseworkers work with the same clients through all stages of treatment; assessment, pre – entry, treatment and aftercare. Using this case management process we are able to provide clients with a high level of individualised care as well as the benefits of peer support and group work within the community.
The candidate must have:
- a relevant tertiary qualification with either DAPAANZ or equilevant professional registration
- A clean driving licence
- Degree and Registration (or provisional registration) in Addictions or related field i.e. Nursing, Social Work, Counselling or Psychology
- Clinical Assessment skills
- Clinical experience with AOD
- Experience in face to face counselling
- Experience in group facilitation
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Able to work from a bicultural perspective
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Valid current work visa, residency or citizenship.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Their own, personal experience of recovery from addictions and/or mental distress experience in working in the area of mental health and/or AOD
- Be open to gaining an understanding of the Intentional Peer Support model and the Bridge Model of Treatment
- Be mature, patient and respectful
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- Be positive and encouraging with a good sense of humour.
- Hang in there when the going gets tough.
- Be a role model to staff and other stakeholders
- Be professional with an open and engaging manner
- Be outcome focused
- Have an eye for detail
For more information about this job, please contact Vicky Clothier, Team Manager, on: 09 266 2702 or 029 774 0015
A Job Description can be downloaded from the Framework website: http://www.Ember.org.nz/careers
Closing Date: Thursday 24th October 2019
To apply for this position, please submit all of the following documents:
1) Download and complete an Application Form
2) Prepare an up-to-date CV
3) Answer the following questions in a Cover Letter
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What skills, competencies, knowledge and experience can you bring to this role?
4) Email all of the above to: firstname.lastname@example.org