|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Listed||Fri 11 Oct, 7:39 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Te Ngahere – this name is derived from 'the forest' and speaks to the importance of connection. Te Ngahere an eight-week intensive alcohol and other drug (AOD) treatment programme built on a strong cultural framework, grounded in the principle that:
When we re-generate through our natural cycles found in pepeha, marae and whanau, there is wellness, restoring mana revealing our true beauty and potential.
Te Ngahere seeks to address alcohol and drug harm by supporting tangata whai ora (people seeking wellness) to reveal their intrinsic mana. The programme offers clinical approaches underpinned by Maori and Pasifika concepts of health and wellbeing.
We are now seeking a full-time permanent Aftercare Practitioner/Kaiwhakamahereroa Waranga to join the Odyssey team at Spring Hill Correctional Facility in Hampton Downs. We are looking for an experienced individual to provide after care support for graduates of our Drug Treatment Program. After Care Support within the prison and out in the community will be provided through effective delivery of 1-2-1 and group interventions, grounded in Maori and Pasifika approaches.
Do you have:
· A high level of understanding of tikanga Maori and its importance within this setting
· A relevant degree-level health qualification in alcohol and other drugs (AOD), social work or mental health
· Registration with a professional body or be willing and eligible to be registered
· Skills in group delivery and individual interventions
· Skills in delivering AOD services from a Maori and Pasifika framework
· Excellent clinical judgement and strong clinical boundaries
· Report writing skills and computer proficiency
· An understanding of working in a Correction's environment
We can offer you:
· A competitive salary and benefits
· Travel assistance
· Learning and development opportunities
· Varied work that supports the community
· A dynamic and supportive team environment, working with people who are passionate about what they do
· A healthy workplace, which is smoke free.
If you are passionate about working within a cultural framework and delivering AOD treatment which will seek to strengthen whole of self and whanau wellbeing, we invite your application.
Please note that to work in the Corrections environment applicants will be required to pass the Ministry of Justice clearance checks, as well as Police and Ministry of Social Development checks. Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation.
All applicants should include a CV, cover letter and complete the online registration and application forms. For all enquiries please contact Jared Johanson, P&C Advisor on 09 2815653.
Closing date: Friday 25th October 2019 at 4.00pm
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.