|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Listed||Fri 11 Oct, 12:02 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- 2 x roles - one permanant & one fixed term (6 months)
- Full time with flexible hours, Kingsland location
- Use your skills to advocate on behalf of victims of family violence
Here at Shine we provide a range of effective, practical and innovative services that help thousands of adults and children affected by domestic abuse every year. We help both directly and indirectly through our frontline services and our professional training programmes.
We are looking for two experienced social work advocates/practitioners, who have specialist knowledge of intimate partner violence and family violence to provide advocacy and support to these individuals and families. You will use a multi-skilled and community-connected approach to provide resources and information to women and children. Note that one role is permanent and the other is fixed term for 6 months to cover parental leave.
This isn't your everyday job, so you will need to have:
- A degree level qualification relevant to the social services sector (Social Work, Counselling, Women's Studies, psychology)
- An understanding of the causes and dynamics of intimate partner violence with clear gender analysis
- Working understanding of statutory requirements of Oranga Tamariki and the New Zealand Police
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to work effectively under pressure
- Commitment to developing and maintaining networks in the community
- Knowledge of legal and social systems and community resources and how to use them
- Skills with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel and a willingness to develop experience in other applications.
- Current or recent accreditation to run MOJ programs for adults & children, or be eligible to become accredited.
Flexibility around days and hours is required and you will need to have flexibility to work between 7am - 7pm Monday to Saturday.
Shine requires a commitment to living a violence free lifestyle, personally and professionally.
So, if you have the skills and experience to provide a high-quality service to those affected by domestic abuse click the APPLY NOW button!
For a role profile email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.