|Company||The Salvation Army|
|Location||Manukau City, Auckland|
|Listed||Fri 11 Oct, 12:06 pm|
|Type||Part time, Permanent|
Do you enjoy a challenge? Are you looking for something different and cutting edge - to work in a service that is unique?
The Salvation Army and Ember Services Limited (formally known as Connect Supporting Recovery) work together in partnership delivering Puna Whakataa, an innovative service within the AOD sector.
This satisfying role involves ensuring the wellbeing of clients overnight at our residential service and taking responsibility to ensure the site is safe.
- 56 hours per fortnight working from 11pm to 7am
- Working three shifts one week and four the next
- Week one: Sunday - Tuesday
- Week two: Saturday - Tuesday
The Salvation Army Bridge is an internationally acclaimed treatment provider focused on working in partnership with people who have alcohol and other substance dependencies, to improve quality of life for them and their family/whanau.
Ember Services Limited is an NGO that sits at the cutting edge of values-based mental health and AOD peer support services.
The successful candidate will be working at Puna Whakataa, a residential respite service based in Counties Manukau. Puna Whakataa employs both clinical and peer support staff who work collaboratively delivering effective short-term treatment and support to respite guests accessing the service.
The candidate must have:
- a clean driver's licence
- a minimum qualification of Mental Health Level 4
- a current first aid certificate or ability to achieve one
- the ability to work from a bicultural perspective
- the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- a valid current work visa, residency or citizenship.
The ideal candidate may:
- have had personal experience of recovery from addictions and/or mental distress, having achieved wholeness and wishing to help others achieve the same
- have had experience in working in the area of mental health and/or AOD
- be open to gaining an understanding of the Intentional Peer Support model and the CRA Bridge Model of Treatment
- be mature, patient and respectful
- have strong interpersonal skills
- be positive and encouraging with a good sense of humour.
To apply please send your cover letter, CV (including referee details) and completed application form to: email@example.com
Our application form can be downloaded and needs to be included as part of your application. https://www.salvationarmy.org.nz/sites/default/files/uploads/20160808staff_2form.pdf
Applicants for this position will need to have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. All employment offers are subject to the completion of a satisfactory police check.
Applications close by Sunday, 27 October 2019.