|Company||Kahui Tu Kaha|
|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Listed||Fri 11 Oct, 1:53 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
We seek to enhance the mana of people who reside within the rohe of Ngati Whatua.
Kahui Tu Kaha is a community mental health and social housing organisation. It is a well-established an innovative provider and characterized by its diversity and commitment to health and social outcomes for everyone.
Our values are: Manaakitanga, Rangatiratanga, Whakawhanaungatanga
Someone who is compassionate, caring, non-judgmental and with a supportive attitude. You are solution focused and capable of finding the strengths of the people you work with, implementing the best strategies to advance them towards their goals. A confident decision maker in crisis situations.
About the role:
This opportunity will allow you to use your skills and experience to support our client’s recovery pathway, build strong partnerships with clients/whanau/ communities. Contribute towards empowering clients with skills and knowledge that will improve their chances of maintaining their tenancies and achieve their long-term goals. .
What you will need to have:
• Ability to support and motivate people to achieve their goals
• Understand issues facing clients, including alcohol and drugs
• Practical life skills and knowledge to connect people with community support resources and whanau/family/family of choice
• Relevant qualification in Health and Well-being essential
• Commitment to Te Tiriti O Waitangi and strong understanding of tikanga Maori.
All applicants must have a full and clean driver's licence and a clean police record.
As the successful applicant, you will enjoy working within an open, culturally diverse working environment that will offer you further growth and development.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.