|Location||Palmerston North, Manawatu / Wanganui|
|Listed||Thu 28 Jun, 4:07 pm|
|Type||Full time, Contract/Temp|
If flexibility and work/life balance is what you're after - you need to consider temping with the Medacs Healthcare Dental Team!
- You may be employed part time and wanting some extra work?
- Perhaps you have young ones and want to work flexibly?
- Studying and available for work during the university holidays?
- Semi-retired and only want to want 1-2 shifts per week.
- Just left a permanent job and wanting to see how other practices operate and how you can enhance your career by working within modernised practice?
Whatever your situation is - the Medacs Healthcare Dental Team are here to help you as we have opportunities for casual work across the region for experienced Dental Assistants. Be in control of your diary - live to work; don't work to live!
Besides from casual work; ongoing contracts/fixed term assignments or even permanent opportunities are often available.
- Setting up the clinic for the day
- Meeting & greeting patients
- Supporting patients and ensuring they are at ease throughout dental procedures
- Assisting Dentist in all dental procedures, as required
- Sterilisation Room duties
- Being part of the team - using your initiative to help and assist the others
- Reception duties (if required), answering phones, patiet callbacks, taking payments etc
- Keep busy during the down time, to ensure the supplies room and drawers/ cupboards are re-stocked. Assist with re-ordering is necessary.
- Ensuring the practice is clean & tidy at the end of the day
Skills & Experience
- Proven New Zealand experience as a Dental Assistant (minimum of 6-mths)
- Awareness & diligence with infection control protocols
- Knowledge of how to use, maintain, test and clean dental equipment
- Solid Anatomy & Physiology knowledge
- Ability to take on work across a range of dental practices, some at short notice.
- Competence to assist Dentist with Charting
- Experience with EXACT or Titanium Dental software (or a similar), but not essential for some practices that are paperbased
- Pride in appearance, presentation and grooming
Must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and have excellent grasp of the English language so you can communicate with the Dentist, colleagues and patients effectively.
Prefered skills & experience
- NZDA Certification in Dental Assisting
- Regular use of car to ensure you can travel to a variety of our clients, without relying on public transport routes.
- HepB Titre Levels or proof of immunity
- Flexible hours to suit your lifestyle
- A competitive pay rate and weekly pay (+8% Holiday Pay)
- Great clients to work with that will give you exposure to develop your skills and experience
- Variety of work locations to suit you - including other areas of the country (if you are interested).
- Your very own dedicated Medacs Dental Consultant!
My name is Jade and when you join the Medacs Healthcare Dental Team, I will be your Consultant and Placement Advisor.
To apply to be part of the Medacs Healthcare Dental Team or would like to know more, please click "apply now" and follow the prompts or contact me Jade Smith on 09 623 8006 for a confidential discussion. I look forward to speaking with you.
Not quite what you are looking for? Chat to us anyway to see how we can help you to find your next best role. We don't just have temp opportunities, we also have clients seeking candidates for permanent roles too.
Right people, right place at the right time.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.