|Company||Totara Hospice South Auckland (THSA)|
|Location||Manukau City, Auckland|
|Listed||Wed 13 Jun, 4:12 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- A unique opportunity for an experienced Palliative Medicine Specialist to work within one of the largest Hospice providers of Specialist Palliative Care in New Zealand.
- The hours are negotiable from 24 - 40 hours a week (0.6 FTE to 1.0 FTE)
Make a difference for people and their families/whanau in the South and South East Auckland community by helping us Make Hospice Happen
Totara Hospice South Auckland (THSA) has provided Specialist Palliative Medicine services to the community of South & South East Auckland, the super city's largest and most rapidly growing region with a complex and diverse demographic, for more than three decades.
Reporting to the Clinical Director, the Palliative Medicine Specialist will provide high standards of medical care within a holistic Hospice service.
This position is primarily responsible for but not limited to:
- Specialist assessment and management of patients both in community settings and the in-patient unit of THSA
- Providing specialist palliative care advice to external health professionals on patient care
- Provide ongoing assessment of patients in day hospice programmes, and outpatient clinics or on domiciliary visits
- Provide on-call duty service after hours
- Provide clinical cross cover for the Specialist Palliative Care Team (SPCT) of Middlemore Hospital when required
- Contribute where appropriate to Hospice clinical, educational & research activities
- Actively participate in the strategic direction of the organization and the smooth running of the medical team
You will have excellent clinical knowledge and a practice base in Palliative Care. You will also have an evidenced reputation for being able to work with a diverse range of care providers and demonstrated skills in working with care providers whilst keeping the patient and family at the centre.
The successful candidate must have:
- Specialist qualification in Palliative Medicine, recognised by the RACP and the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Minimum 2 years post-specialist qualification in a credentialed palliative care institution
- Experience working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Experience in both hospital and hospice settings would be an added advantage
To apply for this job go to: http://talentpropellerjobs.co.nz & enter ref code: 4199525
Closing date for applications is Sunday, 14th July 2018. Only those applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.