|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Listed||Mon 26 Mar, 11:00 am|
|Type||Part time, Permanent|
• Based at Cameron Pool in Mt Roskill
• Great benefits including full gym membership across multiple locations
About the Organisation
YMCA employs around 700 employees across Auckland, Hamilton and Tauranga. We have a diverse range of operations including facility management, health and fitness, early childhood education, OSCAR, accommodation, outdoors, recreation, aquatic, fundraising, education and youth programmes. We provide something for everyone.
We run one of New Zealand’s leading swim schools teaching the valuable life skill of swimming and related water safety activities to all age groups and ability levels. We work in partnership with AUSTSWIM and Water Safety NZ in the promotion of safety in and around the water.
About the Role
Do you love the water and have experience in early childhood education or working with children? We are looking for one or two individuals who are enthusiastic and keen to join our award winning team as Swim School Teachers. You will be working with babies, preschoolers and/or school-age children, so experience working with children is preferable. Hours of work will be from 3:30pm-7pm on weekdays and weekends from 8:30am-1pm. The ideal candidates will be available to start as soon as possible, so waste no time in applying!
• Teach children in an aquatic environment
• Ensure a quality learning experience for all participants
• Prepare daily lesson plans as requested by the Swim School Manager
• Monitor and assess children’s progression in classes
Experience in swimming instruction is a plus, and more important is a love of working with children and being in the water. The successful candidate will also have the following:
• Empathy for children, their development and their cultural background
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Strong coaching ability
YMCA is able to offer great opportunities for personal development and career advancement. We provide real career pathways and jobs that are not just ‘lifestyle choices’ in a fun, community focussed environment.
YMCA Auckland is committed to Child Protection and the safeguarding of children and young people in our care and it is our expectation that all staff will operate in a way that reflects this intent.
The successful applicant will need to return a satisfactory Police Record Check before commencement of Employment.
• Full gym membership across multiple locations
• Access to employee discounts across various YMCA programmes
• Staff development programmes
• Car parking provided
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.