|Listed||Wed 5 Jun, 4:15 pm|
|Type||Part time, Permanent|
|Reference||Delight Host / RH|
Ryman Healthcare’s Charles Upham Retirement Village has a strong family and community focus. With a welcoming atmosphere, our village is filled with people who enjoy living and working here. No day is the same, and our staff love making a difference and putting smiles on our resident's faces. We enjoy a great team spirit and have a culture of celebrating success and kindness.
About the Role
We are looking for a friendly and customer focused “Delight” Host. In this role you will be responsible for enhancing our resident’s village experience through the development and coordination of the seasonal “Delight” programme.
This position is part time working Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, 1300-1930.
In this position you will:
• Conduct focus groups with residents to establish their interests and ideas for the seasonal Delight activities programme.
• Design and execute the delivery of the “Delight” activities programme in conjunction with the village manager and resident experience officer
• Arrange monthly bookings of the activities with service providers, contractors and community groups
• Organise group excursions for our residents, including trips to the theatre, concerts and sporting events
• Assist the Village Host with evening activities as required.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have proven customer service experience
- Be able to develop and maintain good rapport with our residents
- Be warm, friendly and approachable
- Have experience with running events/activities
- Have empathy and patience with elderly
- Be enthusiastic and creative - ability to think outside the square!
- Possess outstanding communication skills
- Hold a current, clean NZ Drivers licence
Experience working in the aged care sector is preferred, however not essential.
You will join a fun and supportive team who focus on delivering exceptional care that is ‘Good enough for Mum and Dad.’
To take a look at what goes on at a Ryman Healthcare Retirement Village click on the video below.
If this sounds like you simply apply online now.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.