|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Listed||Fri 29 Sep, 5:16 pm|
|Type||Part time, Permanent|
- Auckland City and Waiheke Island
- Exciting and professionally stimulating role working with high level care for a serious injury child
- 8- 12 hour shift
Healthcare Rehabilitation is a subsidiary of Healthcare Holding Limited, the largest community health service provider in New Zealand. We are specialists in the area of high-dependency nursing support in the home across New Zealand.
We are seeking a dynamic and passionate Registered Nurse to deliver high quality nursing services to our client. You will have exceptional clinical, interpersonal and time management skills, plus have the ability to 'think fast on your fee'. A good sense of humour and the ability to develop a rapport with the client, the wider interdisciplinary team and colleagues will come naturally to you.
In return for your outstanding nursing support, we offer a hugely rewarding work environment, supported by experienced registered health professionals and diverse multi-disciplinary teams. Clinical and operational leadership is provided by your Regional Nurse Manager and a structured senior nursing team led by our Director of Nursing, including an active RDRP and scholarship programme.
Overview of the role:
- To provide paediatric nursing support in a home environment for a 4 year-old boy that has cerebral palsy and complex medical needs. You will be part of an established 24 hour team working alongside a support worker.
- Working with a team of other registered nurses, support workers, the Regional Nurse Manager and National Clinical Leader to ensure the client is safely supported at home.
- Oversight and supervision of the support workers, who themselves are working at an advanced level, including training and ensuring the ongoing competence of support workers.
- Maintaining excellent systems and processes in order to ensure nursing and technical tasks are completed to a high and consistent standard. This includes management of consumables and facilitation of maintenance of medical equipment.
- Liaising with the client's wider multidisciplinary team.
- Hands on clinical nursing and the ability to think critically to ensure risks to health and wellness are appropriately dealt with to ensure the client is able to maintain his health and independence at home.
You will require the following essential competencies and experience:
- Applicants for this position must have current NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
- A current NZ RN practising certificate.
- Experience in paediatrics is desirable.
- A full driver's licence.
- Competent computer skills
We look forward to hearing from can-do nurses who want to contribute their positivity and knowledge to our growing organisation. We value people and embrace diversity and flexibility with our employment options.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.