|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Pay & Benefits||Attractive hourly rate + penals|
|Listed||Mon 11 Jun, 10:02 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
This is a leading healthcare organisation in New Zealand. They are committed to providing appropriate people-centred care, advice and information to everyone who accesses their services. They continue to go from strength to strength with growing services and innovative technology. People are the key to their success so creating a fun, dynamic and professional environment for all the team is what it's all about.
About the Role:
Working as a Teletriage Nurse for the Healthline service, no two days are the same. Nurses come from a wide variety of nursing backgrounds and utilise this experience to respond to all manner of calls and queries from service users across the country. This role is fast-paced, challenging and will utilise all of your previous experience and triage skills. You will be supported by clinical tools and systems that ensure you can easily provide accurate advice and information. There is always support from other Senior Nurses, Team Leaders or clinical team members working alongside you if need them.
As Healthline is a 24/7 service, evenings, night shifts and weekend work is required. Roles vary from 24-40hrs per week (0.6-1.0FTE), and you will be required to work rostered shifts.
Teletriage Nurses need to have knowledge and skills across a broad range of primary healthcare environments. You may have previous experience in an Emergency Department, GP/Urgent Care clinic or have community/district nursing experience. Nurses who have experience in high acuity wards are also encouraged to apply.
In addition to this, Teletriage Nurses also need to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication and listening skills, a great phone manner.
- Cultural awareness - a commitment to work in a sensitive and non-discriminatory way
- Confidence working with technology and strong computer literacy skills
- A passion for delivering high quality patient care.
- A desire to build on their knowledge - on-going learning and professional development is essential!
All nurses must have a current Annual Practicing Certificate (APC) with no restrictions.
Why Choose Teletriage?
- Make a difference. Draw on all your experience and skills to provide the best advice and clinical guidance to callers who may not have received help otherwise.
- Be part of a diverse and well respected national business that continues to innovate and grow their services.
- Teletriage nurses work rostered shifts and many love the work/life balance the role provides.
- Work alongside a strong multi-disciplinary team - genuine people who are great at what they do and the services they provide.
- Be part of an organisation committed to supporting and developing its people. Significant professional development opportunities for the taking! Teletriage is an exciting new career path for primary healthcare nurses.
Medacs Healthcare work together with this organisation to find fantastic nurses who are passionate about what they do. If you feel you have the right mixture of skills and experience and are ready for a new challenge we would love to hear from you! Apply now by following the prompts below or contact Hilary Cater (Senior Consultant, specialising in teletriage and primary healthcare ) on 09 623 8052 for further information and a confidential discussion.
Not quite what you are looking for? Chat to us anyway to see how we can help you to find your next best role.
Medacs Healthcare is a leading staffing and services company providing temp, locum and contract recruitment expertise to public, private & commercial healthcare sectors. With more than 15 years of experience in NZ healthcare market we offer a local service through our offices in Auckland and Christchurch.
Medacs Healthcare is committed to ensuring that vulnerable adults, young people and children are safe from harm and abuse. As part of our commitment to these individuals and in line with the Crimes Act 2011 & the Vulnerable Childrens Act 2014, all appointments to positions (whether temporary or permanent) will include worker safety checks. These checks are in addition to the requirement to have a satisfactory Police Vetting Check. This will be explained to all shortlisted candidates at phone screen and interview.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.