|Company||DHB Shared Services/health Alliance (hA)|
|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Listed||Fri 10 Aug, 1:04 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Would you like to use your clinical knowledge working in office hours, Monday - Friday?
- Based at Penrose (10min walk from the Penrose Train Station)
Clinical Product Coordinators are highly valued by our hospitals across the northern region. Our team helps the DHBs evaluate and introduce new clinical products into the hospitals. It's challenging, rewarding work that helps achieve better patient outcomes.
In the words of our Clinical Product Coordinators:
'I have a background as an intensive care nurse, so I've always been interested in clinical products. I like talking face to face with clinicians to understand what they want to achieve and I really enjoy the product side, doing the research and showing them how a particular product will help make a difference to patient outcomes, or help to save money for the hospital.
'I'm happy that I'm helping people, the work we do helps the staff at the hospital and the patients'
If you have a background working in a clinical setting and are familiar with clinical products, this could be an ideal role for you. As a Clinical Product Coordinator you will work with clinicians in northern region District Health Board hospitals to provide quality assurance relating to medical devices in the hospital.
- Coordinate the introduction of new clinical products into the hospitals
- Facilitate the clinical product evaluation process.
- Coordinate actions relating to product alerts and recalls
- Identify opportunities for product standardisation and rationalisation
- Liaise with DHB clinicians, suppliers and hA Procurement and Supply Chain associated with the products entering the clinical environment.
We are looking for a self-motivated person with an analytical and enquiring mind and a clinical background. Our ideal candidate has the following:
- Knowledge of clinical products, an understanding of clinical processes and practices and a high level of credibility with the clinical end users.
- At least 5 years of recent experience in a clinical discipline and ideally a formal qualification in a recognised discipline, e.g. Nursing, Radiology, Physiotherapy, Cardiology, Labs
- Strong communication and relationship building skills and enjoy working within a diverse, changing environment.
- Great problem solving skills, able to help clinicians determine which products are the best fit for their needs, often quickly for example when a product is recalled and a substitute product is needed urgently
- Sound commercial skills with an understanding of project management methodologies and experience in project delivery would be an advantage.
- Proficient in use of the Microsoft products: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
The role is for 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Some travel within the Northern Region will be required.
In return we offer you a chance to make a real difference to patient outcomes within a friendly collaborative team.
For a full PD please click here
Please email any questions, please contact the Recruitment Team firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply nowvia the healthAlliance Website - http://www.healthalliance.co.nz/careers/job-search/
Applications close on Friday, 24th August 2018
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.