|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Pay & Benefits||Competitive salary on offer!|
|Listed||Tue 13 Feb, 10:11 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Open to Registered Nurse with experience or an interest in Oncology/Cancer Care
- Mon-Fri; No night shifts!
- Auckland, city fringe location
This role is based in a private out-patient practice that provides radiation therapy to a diverse range of patients from diagnosis, treatment side effect management and support. Reporting to the Nurse Specialist, you will work as part of an experienced multi-disciplinary team providing the highest quality of care to this vulnerable patient group and their families.
As an Oncology/Cancer Nurse, your duties will include:
- Providing the best quality care to all patients receiving treatment in the practice
- Providing appropriate information and guidance to patients and their families
- Patient assessment and monitoring as required through treatments
- Contributing to the wider team through sharing of your clinical experience and knowledge
- Demonstrate the values of the organization by providing a positive patient experience
Skills & Experience
This role requires a Nurse who is self-motivated, eager to learn and who enjoys working with a diverse range of patients and clinicians. We are also requires someone who demonstrates the following:
- 3yrs+ post-grad experience working in acute care
- Able to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Adaptability with a professional and mature attitude.
- A current Annual Practicing Certificate (APC) with the NZ Nursing Council
- Eligibility to work in NZ without restrictions.
Previous experience working in Cancer Care is not essential however we are looking for someone who has a genuine desire to grow their skills and experience in this area. This is not just "a job", instead it is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a dynamic team who will provide you with loads of support and on-going training.
In addition to working with an exceptional team in a positive, professional environment, benefits also include:
- A competitive hourly rate
- No nights! 8hr shifts with practice hours 7am-8pm
- Convenient city-fringe location with car-parking onsite
- Paid overtime
- Health Insurance cover
- Loads of opportunities for further education and training. Post-graduate study is strongly supported.
If you feel you have the right mixture of skills and experience and are ready for a new challenge we would love to hear from you! Apply now by following the prompts below or contact Hilary Cater (Senior Consultant) on 09 623 8052 for further information and a confidential discussion.
Not quite what you are looking for? Chat to us anyway to see how we can help you to find your next best role.
Medacs Healthcare is a leading staffing and services company providing temp, locum and contract recruitment expertise to public, private & commercial healthcare sectors. With more than 15 years of experience in NZ healthcare market we offer a local service through our offices in Auckland and Christchurch.
Medacs Healthcare is committed to ensuring that vulnerable adults, young people and children are safe from harm and abuse. As part of our commitment to these individuals and in line with the Crimes Act 2011 & the Vulnerable Childrens Act 2014, all appointments to positions (whether temporary or permanent) will include worker safety checks. These checks are in addition to the requirement to have a satisfactory Police Vetting Check. This will be explained to all shortlisted candidates at phone screen and interview.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.