|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Listed||Wed 10 Jan, 12:10 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Caregiver jobs in the Aged Care sector
- Providing care for older people in hospitals, resthomes and dementia units
- Opportunity to start a career or develop in this growing sector
Medcall is a healthcare staffing company and in conjunction with Ministry of Social development we are trying to support the aged care sector staffing needs by working together to promote opportunities as caregivers.
We are seeking people either with experience or wanting to work in the aged care sector as a caregiver to apply to us to be considered for full time jobs within this sector in Auckland.
We have a number of hospitals, rest homes and dementia units in Aged care sector throughout Auckland with vacancies and we are helping them by finding and recruitment awesome staff.
To be considered you need to be really genuinely interested in caring for other and older people. You need to be open and happy to provide personal cares to a variety of older people and to work in a busy environment.
A usual day might include:
- helping people to attend to their bathing needs and
- assist with food/fluid intake,
- making some beds and
- assisting to tidy the unit.
- Also helping the elderly to attend activities or
- to have a day time rest or have a chat or change clothes ready for a visit or outing.....
and all the time engaging with the residents, their families, your colleagues and visitors with huge amounts of professionalism, empathy and care.
The facilities usually work with a roster that is completed by the manager.
Shifts are usually 7am to 3pm, 3pm to 11pm and 11pm to 7am (or something like that) and you need to be able to have flexibility to work any of those types of shifts and of course these facilities are open 24/7/365, so some weekend work will also apply and public holidays. Rosters are shared with your colleagues though - so a fair and flexible team means this usually works really well!!
If this is you and you can work shifts on a roster then please contact us.