|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Listed||Tue 29 May, 12:24 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Triage patients before they get to the bottom of the cliff
- Join a dynamic and forward thinking organisation
- Shift work with working hours that will give you options
About the Company
This organisation is the Google of Healthcare. A fun place to work with a very critical service provided across New Zealand. With leading edge technology and an ever increasing number of ways to provide the service, this is a significant part of the future of healthcare. They provide telephone, text and online support across a multitude of services that make an immediate difference to the user. Using Informatics and IT tools you will be setting yourself up to develop your nursing career inline with the developing career pathways for senior nurses in health. There are positions available in Auckland central, Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin.
About the Role
Imagine sitting at your desk with a caller on the phone. You will use you clinical skills to triage the situation whilst logging the call and taking advice from the on-line protocols. The call may be about a coronary issue. The next call is waiting and that could be with a Mother concerned about her child's spots! You are the person they are turning to for advice on just what to do next. Conversing with the caller and asking the right questions will determine the advice you provide. If you enjoy variety, working at pace, using your critical thinking skills to make a difference, this is the role for you. From Kaitaia to Bluff; health consumers will call seeking your expertise, knowing you will guide them.
- Use your triage skills to understand the situation you are dealing with
- De-escalate situations as appropriate
- Provide sound clinical guidance on the next steps for the patient
- Document the calls
- Follow procedures and protocols associated to the situation
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse with a current APC
- Primary care or ED experience, or acute hospital care
- A warm, friendly telephone manner with clear spoken English
- Good computer skills and the ability to multitask; type and talk.
This is a company that is going from strength to strength. They invest heavily in their people to set them up for success and are constantly providing new technology to keep abreast of current trends in the market. The office has an atmosphere of real team work, you are never alone, always supported by senior nurses and the management team lead with a strong balance of heart and head.
- A significant investment in your on-boarding training
- Salary in line with MECA and nights & weekends have penal rates
- Part time or full time positions available
- Career opportunities for the right candidates in this growing company
- Supportive leadership and clinical supervision
Frontline Health are a leading network of specialist permanent health recruiters. We have roles opening and closing daily. If you are looking for your next move and this is not it, get in touch to find out how we can help.