|Company||District Health Boards (DHB)/Taranaki District ...|
|Location||New Plymouth, Taranaki|
|Listed||Sat 12 Oct, 2:15 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth
Permanent Position, Full time, 1.0 FTE
- Are you seeking a senior nursing leadership role supporting change in an adaptive healthcare environment?
- Then take this key nursing leadership opportunity.
In Taranaki, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region's amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work.
The Taranaki District Health Board is a large organisation (2,100 staff) operating in the exciting, changing Health sector.
The Taranaki DHB is excited to announce the newly restructured role for the Associate Director of Nursing - Medical Services.
The ADON will have professional and operational management with leadership accountability for the provision of safe clinical care, quality and safety, workforce development, practice standards and the development and implementation of strategy for the directorate of these services. The ADON will ensure the effective allocation of resources to provide delivery of nursing and support services that facilitate efficient directorate function and management.
This role is responsible for the efficient and effective operational management of the entire directorate that provides clinical and nursing leadership to ensure the effective and efficient operation of services that contributes to the overall TDHB strategic plan, Hospital Services plan and the TDHB strategic Nursing direction.
You will be offered the opportunity to:
- Provide effective, visible and accessible professional nursing leadership which actively strengthens frontline leadership to pursue excellence in nursing care delivery and best practice standards.
- Work in partnership with Service Leads to deliver high quality nursing care within budgeted cost structures.
- Be accountable for quality improvement programmes and initiatives to ensure safe and high quality nursing care.
- Develop Innovative thinking that will transform the patient experience within the services.
- Strive to eliminate health inequalities and achieve health equity for the Taranaki population.
To be successful it is important that you have:
- A relevant Post Graduate Qualification, Masters desired.
- Minimum of at least 7-10 years Nursing experience post registration with leadership & management experience.
- Minimum 5 years professional and managerial experience.
To view the position description click here.
We invite you to make an online application, please click on "Apply Online" from within this advertisement.
If you require further information, please contact Lyn Wardlaw (Director of Nursing) on 06 753 6139 or via email; Lyn.Wardlaw@tdhb.org.nz
Closing date for applications is 27th October, 2019.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.