|Company||District Health Boards (DHB)/Taranaki District ...|
|Location||New Plymouth, Taranaki|
|Listed||Sat 12 Oct, 2:15 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth
Permanent Position, Full time, 1.0 FTE
- Are you seeking a senior nursing leadership role supporting change in an adaptive healthcare environment?
- Then take this key nursing leadership opportunity.
In Taranaki, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region's amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work.
The Taranaki District Health Board is a large organisation (2,100 staff) operating in the exciting, changing Health sector.
These Senior Nursing roles provide the clinical, operational and professional nursing leadership to the nursing clerical team to facilitate the effective safe operations of the Service. We are seeking to appoint Nurse Managers in:
Duty Nurse Managers, Nursing & Admin Casual/Pool, Patient
At Risk Nursing 24/7, Support Care Capacity Demand Management / Variance Response Management Nursing across the DHB.
Acute Mental Health:
Inpatient and Assessment and Brief Care team.
The role is responsible for the efficient and effective operational management of the Service. Overall to manage and lead the people, systems and effective service delivery, which encompasses business planning, financial, human resource management and budget accountabilities for the Service, reporting to the Associate Director of Nursing
This is a great opportunity for nurses already working at the top of their scope. You will be offered the opportunity to:
- To provide leadership and direction for the staff within the unit.
- To ensure optimum service delivery, and efficient and effective use of resources
- To ensure delivery of effective and efficient patient care and customer service to both internal and external customers.
- To build an effective and integrated service by developing and promoting a team culture that fosters collaborative working relationships
- Strive to eliminate health inequalities and achieve health equity for the Taranaki population
To be successful it is important that you have:
- Post graduate qualification
- Minimum five years' experience post registration in a clinical management position
- Post grad or diploma in leadership and management or committed to achieve within 2 years
The successful candidate will be well supported with a comprehensive orientation and induction programme. This position has strong working relationships with the Senior Nursing teams, Medical staff and other members of the multi-disciplinary team to ensure the provision of high quality care.
To view the Nurse Manager position description click here.
To make an application please click on "Apply Online" from within this advertisement.
For further information, please contact Lyn Wardlaw (Director of Nursing) on 06 753 6139 or via email; Lyn.Wardlaw@tdhb.org.nz
Closing date for applications is 27th October 2019.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.