|Company||District Health Boards (DHB)/Auckland District ...|
|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Listed||Fri 11 Oct, 1:04 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Starship Community provides interdisciplinary care and cultural support to children, young people and their families living within the Auckland DHB area. Our nursing, allied health and technical staff are responsible for delivering health care services to the populations we serve in their home, school and community settings. We are committed to delivering whanau-centered care that focuses on the health and wellbeing of children and their whanau. Getting to know our communities, working closely with them, removing inequities and barriers to health care for priority populations, are key drivers for us each day.
We have an amazing opportunity for an experienced paediatric nurse to become a member of our diverse interdisciplinary team, working across one of our three community localities. Having recently redesigned our services, we are working towards a flexible workforce where our community nurses can provide nursing care in different settings.
This truly is the ideal platform for a nurse to develop or extend their paediatric expertise, especially within the community setting, as this position will be providing care to children in clinics at our Greenlane site and in the community across Auckland Tamaki Makaurau. As a service, we offer enormous growth and beneficial regular formal supervision, peer review, collegial support and active participation in education and in-service programmes.
We are looking to appoint a Starship Community Nurse with a focus on Hearing and Ear Health activities. The role will provide opportunities to work alongside the wider Starship Community Nursing team and be involved in cross service activities.
Nurses are an integral part of our Starship Child Health clinical team and are fully supported and acknowledged through a number of professional opportunities that support professional growth, and acknowledge the nursing contribution within child health, these include;
- A culture of celebration and recognition with our nursing and midwifery awards at the forefront of this
- A nursing structure that provides second to none leadership from our experienced Locality Leads, and offers great opportunities to develop into leadership roles
- Comprehensive education programs, both specific to Starship as well as technical specialties
- Free on-site Te Reo Maori classes for staff and their whanau
- Visit Our Benefits to learn more around what we offer as an Organisation.
We welcome applications from registered nurses who:
- Hold (or are eligible for) nursing registration with the NZ Nursing Council & an annual practicing certificate
- Bring a paediatric nursing background of at least two+ years
- Have an interest and/or experience in hearing and ear health
- Share our values and commitment to clinical excellence
- demonstrate compassion and empathy and build strong relationships with children and their whanau
To view a full job description, please click here.
We hope you will explore this opportunity further by either applying below or you can contact our recruitment consultant, Kimiora Nathan via KimioraN@adhb.govt.nz to learn more. Reference job code: ADHB5170
Applications close: 27 October 2019
Auckland DHB is committed to the application of the Children's Act 2014 and its intent to improve the safety of all children. This position is a Children's Worker as defined by the Act.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.