|Company||District Health Boards (DHB)/Counties Manukau D...|
|Location||Manukau City, Auckland|
|Listed||Fri 10 Aug, 1:04 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Midwife to join us!
The Community Midwifery Service offers women continuity of care during the antenatal and postnatal periods. The hours of work are generally Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4.30 pm, with rostered weekend and Public Holiday duties on a shared basis within the team. You will be required to work about 1 weekend day every 5-6 weekends, on average.
Our Community Midwives mostly provide midwifery care for women with complex needs ranging from social challenges to medical conditions affecting their wellbeing in pregnancy. The Midwives are supported by our Specialist Midwives in Diabetes, Maternal Fetal Medicine, Social Workers and Community Health Workers. Our focus is on engagement and tailoring care to meet women's needs, so flexibility of approach to midwifery care is a key part of this role.
Your work as part of our team will be to:
- Be responsible for your own midwifery caseload of allocated women as part of a local team and the overall service
- To provide appropriate, flexible care to enable all women to engage fully in our services and to support your team and colleagues
- Undertake regular home visiting for antenatal and postnatal care
- Run community based antenatal clinics in community settings
- Work collaboratively as part of the wider health & social care teams providing for women's needs
- In order to meet the requirement of the midwifery scope of practice you will have the opportunity to be supported in providing occasional intra-partum care.
- NZ Registered Midwife
- Current Practicing Certificate
- Current NZ drivers licence
If you are keen to be part of community midwifery with a difference, then apply now! For further information, please call Taiana Fainga'a in the Recruitment team on 09 259 5007.
To view a copy of the JD click here
Applications close: 22nd August 2018
Job number: CMH03462
At Counties Manukau Health people and their lives matter to us. We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to delivering the best health outcomes for our community. To help us achieve this we need a workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds who share our values and have a passion to work in our community and would greatly value seeing applicants from our Maaori and Pacific communities. Our values are Valuing Everyone- Whakawhanaungatanga , Kind -Manaakitanga, Together -Kotahitanga, Excellent- Rangatiratanga. If these are your values too, then join us today.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.