|Company||Hoon Hay Medical Centre|
|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Pay & Benefits||Hourly rate plus reimbursed travel at IRD rate|
|Listed||Wed 30 May, 11:42 am|
|Type||Part time, Permanent|
Hoon Hay Medical Centre is seeking to employ a part-time Primary Care Social Worker, providing services to two Christchurch Medical Centres. The requirement is 10 hours per week for each practice - Hoon Hay Medical Centre, Hoon Hay(The employing practice) and a secondment of 10 hours per week to Ferry Road Medical Centre, Phillipstown.
As a Social Worker in Primary Healthcare, you will contribute to the clinical team's delivery of evidence-based healthcare in the best interests of the patient and in collaboration with relevant external service providers.
Providing culturally-appropriate psychosocial support to the enrolled populations of Hoon Hay Medical Centre and Ferry Road Medical Centres, you will foster independence, and break down barriers to ensure equity of healthcare. Your clients will be of all ages and stages.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- A Social Worker qualification, recognised by the New Zealand Social Workers Registration Board (SWRB)
- Full SWRB Registration and a current Annual Practising Certificate and/or relevant requirements to acquire full registration
- A clean criminal history (Under the requirements of the Vulnerable Children Act, this is a Core Worker position and the Police Vetting process will apply)
- A full, clean driver's license
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time management skills
You will be energised by the prospect of working within a diverse range of environments with multi-disciplinary teams.
Demonstrating confidence to work autonomously, while providing guidance and direction to the enrolled populations of each Medical Centre, you will display innovation in building and managing relationships with clients, families and support staff.
You will be experienced in working within the community and managing the pathway from assessment to planning , interventions, outcomes and review.
Remuneration will be commensurate to experience and education.
Applications Close: Monday 18 June
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.