|Company||Wellington East Girls College|
|Listed||Mon 11 Feb, 10:31 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
This position is 40 hours per week during the school term (plus 1/2 hour unpaid lunch break)
The primary objectives of the Counsellor’s role are:
- To work within a multidisciplinary team focussed on student wellbeing outcomes
- To provide a confidential counselling and guidance service to students, parents and staff
- To promote student and wellbeing, through targeted interventions and support specific to identified student need
- To develop and deliver plans and programmes to promote and build well-being and resilience across the student body
- To support teachers promote wellbeing and achievement for identified priority learners.
Ideally we are looking for someone who has:
- Relevant Qualification ( BCouns, BSW, Post Grad Dip Couns or relevant qualification)
- Experience working with young people and their families
- Membership to NZAC or appropriate/relevant professional body
- Collaborative team member
- Passionate about wellbeing and education
- Is able to respond to complex situations and manage risk in ethical and safe manner
- Understanding and embracing of diversity
- Comfortable engaging in group work
- Knowledge of Restorative and Relational Practice an advantage
Further information about the position is included in the Job Description on our website - https://www.wegc.school.nz/our-school/working-at-east
As you will be working in a School environment police vetting will be required at the shortlisting stage.
Remuneration range $26 - $30 / hour, dependent on relevant experience plus any relevant qualifications allowance as per the collective. Note school holidays are not worked.
Closing date for applications is 25 February, 3pm
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.