|Company||District Health Boards (DHB)/Canterbury Distric...|
|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Listed||Wed 9 Oct, 5:04 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Full-time (40hr per week) and part-time (30hr per week) permanent opportunities
- Work within a supportive team of multidisciplinary professionals and benefit from ongoing professional development opportunities
- NZ Registration as a Social Worker and current Annual Practicing Certification is essential
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you're part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Our Social Work Services at Christchurch Hospital are inviting applications for Registered Social Workers to join our team working across the Christchurch campus. We provide social work services as part of a multi-disciplinary team taking a holistic approach to patient care.
We have three permanent positions available working across the acute hospital services at Christchurch Hospital:
- 1.0FTE (40hr per week) permanent opportunity working primarily day shifts with regular rostered late and weekend shifts
- Two 0.75FTE (30hr per week) permanent opportunities working primarily night shifts with regular rostered day, late, and weekend shifts
The team have a seven day a week cover, so there will be the requirement to cover the weekend roster and after hours.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Assessment, monitoring and support of clients within the acute social work service in accordance with ANZASW Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice
- Attend and participate in social work team and staff meetings, as well as departmental activities
- Participate in service development and quality assurance initiatives / processes
Your skills will include the following:
- A passion for working with people and their families/whanau
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to relate to people from all walks of life
- Acute experience is advantageous, as is experience with care and protection, family harm, and trauma
- You may be required to be the sole Social Worker on our night shifts, so solid social work experience is essential to be considered for these positions
- Current Annual Practicing Certificate issued under the Social Workers' Registration Act (2003) is essential
This role will require you to work across different multidisciplinary teams so being a team player who can quickly adapt will be essential to your success. Our service is committed to the professional development of our staff and offers regular ongoing development opportunities.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko nga tangata, te matua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What's important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Apply for this position via our online application process. Please note, we only accept applications submitted online. If you'd like more information about this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.