|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Listed||Thu 10 Oct, 11:44 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
As an AOD Case Manager / Addictions Practitioner in Nova STAR you will be part of the response to improve the health, wellbeing and cognitive capacity of service-users. The Case Managers have the primary responsibility for the delivery of appropriate psycho-social interventions, case management, 1-2-1 and group work interventions and external liaison for Nova STAR service-users. As a part of the wider team, you will also be involved in cognitive assessment and remediation interventions, together with ensuring physical, emotional, spiritual and cultural needs are addressed while on placement under the Substance Addiction Compulsory Assessment and Treatment Act 2017.
Nova STAR provides services as an ‘Approved Provider’, under the Substance Addiction (Compulsory Assessment and Treatment) Act 2017. The service is part of wider models of care operating nationally, offering a residential placement following a medical detoxification and stabilisation of health. We currently offer 9 beds, within Nova Lodge, in a safe and secure, designated unit, funded by the Ministry of Health (MoH). Nova STAR, by design, is about improving the health and wellbeing of individuals placed under the Act. Specifically and uniquely, Nova STAR seeks to improve the health and cognitive capacity of its service-users. The service offers a brief window of opportunity to save and change lives that have become severely affected by alcohol and other drugs.
Nova Trust is a leading New Zealand NGO and Social Enterprise making life better for those affected by alcohol, drugs and other life challenges. Our skilled and compassionate people work closely with service users, their whanau, families and communities, to change lives. Nova Trust currently manages three distinct services: Nova STAR, Nova Recovery, and Nova Fresh (our Social Enterprise). The Trust is based in Canterbury and operates services, from its main site, in a rural setting on the outskirts of Christchurch.
You will have:
• Relevant addictions qualification or similar (eligible for DAPAANZ registration as an alcohol and drug practitioner),
• Relevant health or social care qualification (eligible for relevant professional body registration)
• Professional Registration with a relevant professional body Is essential
• Excellent people skills and good communication skills, with abilities to build productive relationships
• Ability to deliver measurable outcomes and effectively manage time and tasks, working individually and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Good understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, with the ability to work with diversity and willingness to work from a bi-cultural perspective
• Personal resilience, be willing to ‘go the extra distance’ and have a sense of adventure.
Applicants should have a valid driver’s licence and NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Nova is in an exciting phase of development, so if you’d like to be part of changing what we do and how we do it, together with having a real impact in the lives of our service-users, this job is for you!
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.