|Company||District Health Boards (DHB)/Waikato District H...|
|Listed||Fri 11 Oct, 1:04 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
The details: Permanent, 40 hours per week
Are you an enrolled nurse or psychiatric assistant with a passion for working in mental health?
About the role:
We have an exciting position for an enrolled nurse or psychiatric assistant to join our team. Your role will include working alongside registered nurses, supporting delivery of care and providing therapeutic interventions and advocacy for people coming into our service. You will support and walk alongside individuals to help them work towards achieving their optimal wellbeing.
We are looking for:
- a dynamic and motivated individual who has a passion for working with people experiencing mental health issues
- a great team player with a positive attitude who displays initiative
- someone who demonstrates good attention to detail
- someone with excellent communication skills
- someone who has knowledge and experience of working in secure environment (this would be an advantage but not essential)
Should you be successful, you will:
- work within a supportive multidisciplinary team, with a recovery focus
- be provided training and continuous professional development opportunities
- be given a comprehensive orientation to the service
- work in a varied and challenging but rewarding environment
- have the opportunity to support attendance and delivery of therapeutic programmes
- have the opportunity to develop effective and sustained therapeutic relationships, and support people as they progress on their recovery journey
If you feel you have the relevant skills, experience and attitude, then we want you!
- Current annual practicing certificate, as applicable
- Entitlement to work in New Zealand
Please apply directly online and to review the position descriptions, click: Enrolled Nurse/Psychiatric Assistant. Applications are not able to be accepted via email. For any specific queries about the role, please contact Clindella Stirling, Charge Nurse Manager on 021 763 537.
Closing date: 24 October 2019
Theme "People at Heart" - Te iwi Ngakaunui
- Give and earn respect - Whakamana
- Listen to me; talk to me - Whakarongo
- Fair play - Mauri Pai
- Growing the good - Whakapakari
- Stronger together - Kotahitanga
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.