|Company||District Health Boards (DHB)/Waitemata District...|
|Location||North Shore City, Auckland|
|Listed||Sat 12 Oct, 1:14 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Allied Health Inpatient Team
North Shore Hospital
Our team is looking for a Social Worker who wants to make a difference, providing bio-psycho-social assessment and therapeutic social work interventions with adults across the acute and rehabilitation wards at North Shore Hospital. There is also the requirement, over time, to be developed in to working on the Emergency Department out-of-hours roster for weekends and public holidays (as required).
The successful candidate will be client-centred in their approach and have excellent risk assessment skills, counselling skills, including some experience working with grief and loss. They will be effective communicators and key members of a dynamic multidisciplinary team.
You will enjoy working within a true learning organisation that encourages your personal career growth and development. We provide regular professional supervision and ongoing support and training opportunities.
You must hold a Bachelor of Social Work degree and be registered with the New Zealand SWRB, or equivalent overseas registration and be committed to working towards NZ registration. ANZASW membership and previous hospital experience is preferred.
Are you able to:
- Share our passion in providing an excellent service for adults?
- Demonstrate that you are a dynamic clinician seeking new opportunities?
- Work independently within a team?
Then we want to hear from you and encourage you to apply online now!!
We have a lot to offer you:
- Support from skilled senior staff
- A hardworking, supportive yet fun environment with a great team of experienced clinicians
- Opportunities to develop knowledge and skills in the area of respiratory and rehabilitation
- In-house career development with regular in-services, training and education opportunities
- Regular monthly supervision
- 6 months Free Health cover for new employees ( must apply within 4 weeks of starting)
- Access to our free Employee Assistance Programme
- Free flu vaccinations
- Free 24/7 staff gym
- Discounts at some great companies via our Waitemata Work Perks network
Please note that there may be the possibility to flex up to 80 hours per fortnight.
For further information please contact Sally Furzer, Clinical Leader Social Work at email@example.com or on 021 508 602 and/or Delia McKenna, Professional Clinical Leader for Social Work at firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 274 0567.
For general queries or support with your application please ring Wednesday Darling, Recruitment Consultant, on 09 442 7248.
To view a copy of the position description, please click here.
Job Number: NOR06508
Closing Date: Friday 25 October 2019
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.